danomyte3676
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
best song is easily hide your secrets. So much meaning
05:03 PM on 02/04/13
PaulSilverstein
Silverstein / Paul Koehler
User Info.
I'm curious how the idea of Paul Marc taking vocals on "Arrivals" came about.
He wrote this song independently of the record but when he played it for us, we instantly thought it would be a great fit on the record. It was a great anchor for side A, and ended up inspiring track 14 which caps off the concept of the record.
BillySilverstein
Silverstein / Billy Hamilton
User Info.
Is there a specific reason why you chose to name a title track on the new record "Arrivals and departures"? what was the story behind the the album title getting new life basically?
We felt that the words "Arrivals" & "Departures" fit the themes of the songs, as one is about the start of a relationship and the other about the end. We also felt it was cool to reference our previous album title as a way to tie in the concept that the tracks on Side A line up with the tracks on Side B.
JoshSilverstein
Silverstein / Josh Bradford
User Info.
Hey guys, I'm really enjoying the new record so far. How was the writing process different this time around with Paul now in the band?
Writing the new record was a lot of fun... Billy, Paul Marc and I all carpooled to practice everyday and listened to cool tunes to get pumped up for a long day of writing. We took lots of coffee breaks enjoying each other's company and discussing what we were working on. Over all, a more fun and reflective process!
alextoremember
A little more glasses than cape.
User Info.
You guys have helped a lot of bands get big by taking them out on tour with you over the years. Who are your favorite bands to tour with, dare I ask?
05:04 PM on 02/04/13
Jake Denning
User Info.
Fellas, always great seeing you guys in Portland - haven't missed a show since 08'. Hoping to hear "Vanity and Greed" and "I Knew I Couldn't Trust You" work their way into the set in the near future. Nice work on the new album, the response has been encouraging I'm sure.

Very curious on your thoughts on Issues , and how their response has been on this headliner of yours.
PaulMarcSilverstein
Silverstein / Paul Marc Rousseau
User Info.
Really like the idea of having a concept album with parallel tracks. What is everyone's personal favorite song from the record? By the way, really love the album!
I think I like Place Of Solace the best. That, or Silent Seas. They're all good! What do you like?
ShaneSilverstein
Silverstein / Shane Told
User Info.
New album is great, really digging it! by the way, I went to your show in Santa Ana on Saturday and man can you guys put on a SHOW. Got barricade and still in pain from all the rowdiness but soooo worth it. Hope to see y'all again.
Thanks! Had an absolute(punk) blast! Orange County has always been amazing to us
BoMeade
User Info.
if you had to choose your favorite song from your career what would it be?
PaulSilverstein
Silverstein / Paul Koehler
User Info.
BABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABABAB ABABBABA
BOOM.
Bdawg
User Info.
what made you guys decide to do the parallel song theme with the whole track 1/8 and 2/9 and so on?
dannygraglia
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
hey guys! when you'll be come to Argentina? :) i've been listening to you since 2003 ^^ by the way i think i must do a new remix. do you? haha. kisses!
05:05 PM on 02/04/13
ALT/MSC/FAN
Everything's Coming Up Milhouse
User Info.
Hey, guys. Love the new record. My question is, are there any songs, new or old, that you really like, but just don't translate well to a live setting?
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
Been holding out on listening to the new album.

Can't wait for tomorrow.
PaulMarcSilverstein
Silverstein / Paul Marc Rousseau
User Info.
Would you guys ever play some deep cuts off Arrivals (preferably at the LA show)?

Also, I love the new record. Thanks for writing awesome songs :)
I always want to play Vanity/Greed. You gotta help me convince the rest of the guys.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos