Username
Password

06:31 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Official thread for Marc Maron's show, coming to IFC this spring.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/02/the-f...teaser-is-here

Quote:
Remember back in March when we told you that we are turning comedian Marc Maronís life and career and relationship and turning it into a television show? Good news: Not only has Maronís autobiographical single-camera series for IFC wrapped its first ten-episodes, but it also has itís very first teaser trailer. If you need a reminder, ďMaronĒ centers around a guy who records a podcast from his garage, has comically tense interactions with the guests on his show and navigates his tense relationship with his much-younger girlfriend. Fans of Maronís hugely successful WTF podcast and his standup comedy will recognize this concept. Trust us, we leave his neurosis intact, because untouched, Maron is uniquely fascinating, absolutely compelling and brutally funny.
06:39 PM on 02/04/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
As long as it's not a pure copy of Louie, I think it can work. Also if the guests are good, which I'm sure they will be.
09:06 PM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Episode 2 (?) is available On Demand right now.
10:23 PM on 04/21/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
Having watched the episode, I think it has clear potential. Marc is not a great actor, and I get the feeling that he's trying to create his own "Louie" here which may or may not hurt the show. Was it laugh out loud funny? Not at all. But it was an interesting bit of scenes and I think that, if given the time, this could be a show I'll like.
11:37 AM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
This is the one I watched. Since my last post about it, I've actually come to respect the episode more. Despite some less than stellar acting, I'm excited about the show.
06:38 PM on 04/26/13 
User Info.
popdisaster00
Twin Cities, MN
Male - 25 Years Old
i just feel like he's trying to hard. i really hope he doesn't do that wrap up, talking into the mic, looking at the camera at the end of every episode. i think this would work better if he mad it more joke-y and not try to emulate Louie so much.

Ha, I kind of likes the wrap up at the end of the episode. Sort of reminded me of Frasier.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos