AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

My Chemical Romance News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

My Chemical Romance's "Number 5" is Released

Posted by - 11:18 PM on 02/04/13
My Chemical Romance's Number 5 is now on iTunes and Amazon.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 22
11:31 PM on 02/04/13
Slangster
Kill the lights, I've seen too much
User Info.
Best pair of songs since "Number One". But on the whole I like the Conventional Weapons recordings a ton.
11:32 PM on 02/04/13
WhenWeBrenden
User Info.
Burn Bright is awesome.
11:37 PM on 02/04/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Surrender The Night is super, umm, "anthemic".
12:53 AM on 02/05/13
anamericangod
User Info.
I have mixed feelings on this release model. I think for hardcore fans it's a dream come true, but for casual fans it's somewhat aggravating.

If one of my favorite bands released a vinyl set like this I'd be thrilled, but there are very few who could pull it off like MCR seem to be doing.
06:00 AM on 02/05/13
xHoodieWeather
I Just Want To Sell Out My Funeral
User Info.
I have mixed feelings on this release model. I think for hardcore fans it's a dream come true, but for casual fans it's somewhat aggravating.

If one of my favorite bands released a vinyl set like this I'd be thrilled, but there are very few who could pull it off like MCR seem to be doing.

As a casual fan, the model was a bit tiring. After he first few releases i just decided to wait out the rest of them to listen to the album completely
06:09 AM on 02/05/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Best pair of songs since "Number One". But on the whole I like the Conventional Weapons recordings a ton.
yep. Hopefully we'll get some info on the next album soon.
06:35 AM on 02/05/13
punkcrap
a stupid fuck with brilliant luck.
User Info.
I'm not a die-hard fan of MCR, I listen to their singles mostly. But I have to say, these Conventional Weapons songs are my favorite. If it was released as a LP, I'd be the 1st in line to buy it.
07:15 AM on 02/05/13
OldSchoolReason
User Info.

Not sure if the vinyls are $15 everywhere, but $75 for 10 songs on 5 7" is a little steep. Wonder if they will just release it all as an LP at some point
07:24 AM on 02/05/13
patentpending
http://www.mattskibafans.com/
User Info.
yep. Hopefully we'll get some info on the next album soon.
I wouldn't count on it. MSI is on tour into May, which means Gerard will be home with his kid at least until that finishes up, Frank is doing a sideproject with Dewees that's doing some dates with MSI in the spring: http://www.deathspellsmusic.com/ And Ray allegedly has a new baby that I doubt he'll want to be on the road during it's first few months at least. We probably won't be hearing anything until mid-summer or early fall.
07:27 AM on 02/05/13
Upstart
User Info.
I'm more annoyed that I have to change the album name every time so I don't have 5 different albums in iTunes...
07:30 AM on 02/05/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
I'm more annoyed that I have to change the album name every time so I don't have 5 different albums in iTunes...

I'm so sorry, that must be such a burden for you.
07:52 AM on 02/05/13
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.

Totally agree. I'd be interested to see how well it worked for them as opposed to their past, conventional releases. I've always liked MCR, but this has turned me off to the point where not only have I not purchased any of these, but I have only even taken the time to listen to a few songs. I prefer to be bombarded with awesome, not gingerly handed single awesomes one at a time.
08:31 AM on 02/05/13
Upstart
User Info.
I'm so sorry, that must be such a burden for you.
It really is, and no one has felt bad for me once so I really appreciate that.
08:33 AM on 02/05/13
jakeisthebest
I'm just a fucked up kid
User Info.
It really is, and no one has felt bad for me once so I really appreciate that.

<3

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version