Displaying user's 9 posts.
09:33 AM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
If You Dig Up The Dead...
User Info.
Just dropped almost $100 on this

http://kingsroadmerch.com/alkaline-t...d=536&cid=1270

I'm a sucker for wooden boxes dammit!

Damn man... That pre order looks tempting as hell..
09:46 AM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
So whatever happened to Matt Skiba after his meltdown?

He moved on. The guy likes to drink, I feel like anyone that's listened to his music would know this. He got too drunk and made some stupid choices. From what I hear about this record, it's gonna be awesome and I can't wait!

I also can't decide if I wanna get that deluxe box set ahhhh. I hate tan colored vinyl and with shipping it's almost 100$.. but that wooden box is nice.. Ha
10:08 AM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I really want that $80 package, but it's just way too expensive for me. I'll just settle for the two LP's.

If anyone that does buy it would be willing to sell me the 46" X 46" flag, that would be awesome.

Edit: Fuck it, I bought it.

Just dropped almost $100 on this

http://kingsroadmerch.com/alkaline-t...d=536&cid=1270

I'm a sucker for wooden boxes dammit!

Fuck it indeed, I caved in and bought the deluxe box set too. I only wish it came with the pink/blue vinyl colors. That tan vinyl will most likely look ugly.

I wanted that fucking wooden box! Hah
11:30 AM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
11:51 AM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
will wait to hear the album before I order this, the last Trio album I really liked was Crimson

You should revisit Irony and Addiction. I love Crimson (probably my favorite record of theirs) and those two records arent as good (as a whole) but are still really solid records IMO.

This. My hands-down favorite band, so I'm always psyched for their albums but I love the producer choice so much.

Same here! I feel like this is going to be a really strong record.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant the Matt Skiba meltdown part.

http://www.australianhysteria.com.au/matt_skiba.ews this is one of the first things I found. Essentially he took a bunch of drugs and drank alot during the debut show of his side project, Matt Skiba and the Sekrets.
12:29 PM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
He also made an asshole of himself at the Asian Man records anniversary and one of the stops of the Revival Tour.

Was he just acting like a drunk ass?
01:19 PM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I think more than booze. He kind of made a mockery of both from what I gather.

Bummer, I still love the man though. Hes one of my musical idols and his music has really helped me for over a decade.

Damn, love the new song! Bill Stevenson done good. Might go for the box set pre order!!

Do itttt, be broke with me! hah
03:54 PM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
I watched a vid of him talking at the Asian Man thing and it came off as more funny than a dick move I thought. Theres a vid on youtube, cant speak for performance -wise though. And that Sekrets show, i watched the whole thing when it was up on youtube that day, at one point he was talking about the divorce and it was just sad. It wasnt a great show but he made it through the rest of the songs. Angel of Deaf was kinda sad to watch. I'm obv a fanboy but people were too hard on him for that show. Dude was obviously down as hell.

Yeah I agree, I have dealt with depression with alcohol myself before and it doesn't go well hah. I just hope Matt's at a good headspace now.
05:05 PM on 02/05/13
Mattylikesfilms
User Info.
Judging by the song titles he may have taken it out on the record, which wouldn't be bad at all haha. Cant wait either way. I've listened to the new song so many times haha.

I love angry Skiba hah. I'm sure you're right judging off the album title alone.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests