Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 39
12:10 PM on 02/05/13
Xiegfried
Reconnect This
User Info.
Sean Nelson makes me super jealous of the west coast.
12:26 PM on 02/05/13
Arry
apreeesh
User Info.
Is Macklemore and Ryan Lewis a headliner? I understand they have (had) the number 1 song in the country but would that many people go and see them?
It's their hometown. The local shows sell out within minutes.
12:43 PM on 02/05/13
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 700 bands!
User Info.
It's their hometown. The local shows sell out within minutes.
Oh. Unaware it was a hometown show.
12:48 PM on 02/05/13
xRustyx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
lol ummm how much is this...........$400!!!! no. no never. there is no show on earth worth that money. it's a shame because i think this is a great lineup, but that price-tag explains my disgust for the music industry and their greed.

Vampire weekedn, mumford and sons, lumineers, cake, dropkick murphys, postal service, arctic monkeys, edward sharpe, primus, japandroids, black rebel motorcycle club, steve aoki (dont care but my friends would), and a few funny comedians

thats sick. it's worth $200. that's it.

I flew from Florida a couple years ago...it was worth every penny. Great viewing angles, beautiful scenery, fantastic weather, amazing bands. It's 4 days of music and a lot of the bands are playing close to full sets.

It's not greed to have a price tag like that. Artists all cost money, as well as everything associated with the show. A lot of promoters break even on huge festivals and make money on beer sales.
12:55 PM on 02/05/13
CluckyB
Modern Baseball is WAR
User Info.
Offerman is coming here next week. Worth seeing? Love parks and everything else I've seen him in.

Assuming its the same routine he's been doing the past few years, its not so much "stand up comedy act" as "Nick Offerman telling you how you should live your life".

Its still reasonably funny, although can get a little overly crass / offensive at times, but is still probably worth seeing if you're an Offerman fan.
01:08 PM on 02/05/13
domotime2
great googily moogily
User Info.
I flew from Florida a couple years ago...it was worth every penny. Great viewing angles, beautiful scenery, fantastic weather, amazing bands. It's 4 days of music and a lot of the bands are playing close to full sets.

It's not greed to have a price tag like that. Artists all cost money, as well as everything associated with the show. A lot of promoters break even on huge festivals and make money on beer sales.

i think it prices out a lot of people who would be interested in going, mainly for the music.
01:11 PM on 02/05/13
EndlessPrisoner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Assuming its the same routine he's been doing the past few years, its not so much "stand up comedy act" as "Nick Offerman telling you how you should live your life".

Its still reasonably funny, although can get a little overly crass / offensive at times, but is still probably worth seeing if you're an Offerman fan.
that's what i heard today.
tickets are too expensive and there's only single seats left for the early show, so i'm not going. kind of upsetting though.
01:25 PM on 02/05/13
TylerHartman
User Info.
$337 for a 4-day pass + parking + camping spot = I've got two tickets to paradise.
01:28 PM on 02/05/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
I'd love to go to just one or two days of this, but definitely not four, and not for $400. Sucks that they've bundled the camping with the passes, since camping at The Gorge is one of the shittiest camping experiences you can have.
01:38 PM on 02/05/13
ctmk
Get him a cranberry juice
User Info.
WHY DOES THIS HAVE TO BE THE SAME WEEKEND I GRADUATE COLLEGE... D:
Perfect lineup is perfect.
same
01:47 PM on 02/05/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I'd love to go to just one or two days of this, but definitely not four, and not for $400. Sucks that they've bundled the camping with the passes, since camping at The Gorge is one of the shittiest camping experiences you can have.
its supposed to be incredibly gorgeous though;

but $400 is way too much.
01:50 PM on 02/05/13
taketotheriv
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
$400???? hahhahha yeahhh right....are the beatles playing or something lol, get outta here
02:17 PM on 02/05/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
its supposed to be incredibly gorgeous though;

but $400 is way too much.
It is indeed gorgeous. But with shows/festivals like this one, camping at The Gorge is an absolute nightmare. The port-o-potties will be absolutely disgusting halfway through the first day, the smell from overflowing waste will permeate every square foot of the campground by the second day, and the partying will run around the clock for all four days.
02:23 PM on 02/05/13
yayitsjoe
An American Workplace.
User Info.
wow. what a line-up. if I had the money, it would be worth it.
02:51 PM on 02/05/13
Kyle Huntington
GIVEN TO THE WILD
User Info.
It is indeed gorgeous. But with shows/festivals like this one, camping at The Gorge is an absolute nightmare. The port-o-potties will be absolutely disgusting halfway through the first day, the smell from overflowing waste will permeate every square foot of the campground by the second day, and the partying will run around the clock for all four days.
Sounds like every festival ever.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version