Highlights (Updating as I Listen):
01) Band needed space and didn't wanna come back until they were stoaked on it.
02) The entire time during the hiatus Pete and Patrick were talking and had some song ideas, even when Patrick was touring on his solo album.
03) Tried writings songs once, didn't feel right. Then more recently Patrick wanted to try again, Pete was worried .. but then the music spoke right and it all came together.
04) Even on day 2 of "hiatus" Pete was sending lyrics to Pat and he was sending back song ideas.
05) It was about a year ago that they were excited about what they were working on again.
06) Wanted to make sure it was the right reasons before doing it again ... it had to be about enjoying the music and being around each other.
07) The sideprojects have a "ton" of influence, but in a different way --- that because they got a lot of the "fat" out during the sideprojects what they are left with is pure Fall Out Boy.
08) Joe hadn't written a lot of music for FOB in the past, but on this record he did more. He needed to go away to remove the pressures.
09) Pete's boy was in the inspiration for some lyrics on the new album.
10) Pete felt like he needed to 'grow up' a little before getting back together.
11) Album is varied. Sounds more like the new single than anything else though - sonically. Dirty and more filtered and reverb.
12) Working with Butch was great and really helped them step outside of themselves creatively.
13) Zero dubstep.
14) Hard to describe the album - can't really put it to words in how it sounds and it's "something of its own" -- which they credit Joe's writing and Butch ... and Andy is singing back-ups (quite a bit) on the record.
15) Patrick says its some of his favorite lyrics Pete's ever written.
16) They could have released "Sugar" 10 times but didn't wanna play it safe as a band.
11 is going to worry people