|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
I am Jewish and it had a catchy ring. We tossed around a few other ideas but ultimately decided to go with Chosen Ones.
2. How did this band get started?
Benny used to come over to my house to do his laundry and we would jam in my basement while he was waiting for his clothes to be done. A few riffs turned into songs and eventually we made a demo.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Clash, Stiff Little Fingers, Dead Boys, The Animals & Chuck Berry.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Chuck Berry, Peter Tosh, Blitz & Rancid because we are all HUGE fans.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Anything that is easily digestible and doesn't put me in a coma. I love Jamaican and seafood.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I don't really care if they do. We make music for us. If people get into it that's a bonus!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
I am happy being me. I don't think I would want to be anyone else. I do have tremendous respect for Muhammad Ali, Rubin Carter & Rob Ray!
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
No one. I live in reality. Fuck a Grammy!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would not know where to begin! I would love to go back to days before social networking. The internet changed a lot of things for the worse. I try not to be a hopeless nostalgic but I get really bored at a lot of shows today. I miss that energy and excitement that came from there being an element of danger.
10. Memorable tour experience?
I'll take the 5th...
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A chance to connect with other people.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Too Far Gone.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
What is a Vacation? We work 24/7!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Oldies but goodies.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Tune & look over the set list.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I go to the movies alone a lot.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Commercial radio is useless. I am a fan of some internet radio. I love the Black N Blue Takeover on EVR.com!
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go to the movies, play hockey, DJ Reggae & Soul & eat!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
If I revealed them, they would no longer be hidden!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |