MD
Male - 24 Years Old

07:16 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
NickIsI
I'm Only Here to Disappoint
Chesterfield, MI
Male - 22 Years Old
Even their older stuff? I don't get why, Dude Ranch through TOYPAJ have a pretty similar sound to the alkaline songs posted in this thread to me I'm enjoying both at the moment haha

I don't think they sound similar at all. Even their early stuff. But the sound isn't even the part that does it for me. I can't stand Blink's lyrics and I don't respect them as people or musicians (except Travis, he's one hell of a drummer).

This is just my opinion.
07:20 PM on 02/06/13 
User Info.
HogarthHughes
all hail
Male - 23 Years Old
Yeah, the Blink dudes are definitely fans of the Trio. Tom even said that he went back and re-wrote some of his lyrics for the S/T album after listening to Skiba's lyrics, because he thought they were so good. But yeah, there's no way you can write a pop-punk song and not rip off someone. There are only so many chord progressions.
08:50 AM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
Palatine, IL
Male - 27 Years Old
Y'all dumb. Real dumb.
09:23 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
shoop
MI
Male - 28 Years Old
That's funny, the other day I just saw someone mention that Shut Up & This Addiction sounded similar..
09:25 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
no care just enjoy the music. guitar is bound to sound similar but you can always experiment with your voice and lyrics because it's something that is unique to you.
09:50 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
dontdrivenaked
South Bend, IN
Male - 22 Years Old
there are seriously only so many chord progressions. of course, they're going to get re-used and recycled. the songs themselves are completely different
10:00 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
David87
That guy
Delaware
Male
Even their older stuff? I don't get why, Dude Ranch through TOYPAJ have a pretty similar sound to the alkaline songs posted in this thread to me I'm enjoying both at the moment haha

Give Alkaline Trio so more listens, they're a very excellent pop punk band. They are a dual vocals band like Blink as I'm sure you found out with you've got so far to go. Good Mourning is my favorite album, but be prepared for yet another change in the vocals as one of the singers sang his part of the album with blown out vocal chords.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos