Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
11:11 AM on 02/06/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm very excited for Kevin's two releases. I love the idea of doing both sounds because he's great in a more acoustic setting and full goddamn band mode. Wonder if any song will appear on both? Hope this serves as inspiration to Jesse for another Brand New album as well.
04:43 PM on 02/06/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Kevin Devine is the best thing to happen to Brand New.
I think Kevin probably had a big influence in The Devil and God/Untitled Demo era writing.
06:17 PM on 02/06/13
Keele
Registered Member
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This may be true but I also heard KDs Brother's Blood was influenced by Devil and God so that would be cool to be influenced by an album you influenced haha
I remember reading about how Jesse talked a lot to a friend during that period about life, death, scenarios, etc. I don't think he specifically said Kevin's name, but it sounded like him. Don't know which interview it was from. Plus, Demo 1 sounded like a Kevin Devine song and Kevin ended up covering it and Jesus Christ during that period. Didn't know Brother's Blood was influenced by TDAG. Makes sense. Talented writers and great friends. I happy Jessecwas picked as one of the two producers. Like I said. Hope Kevin's LP 8 has a positive impact on new Brand New. Or maybe he'll convince Jesse to join BadBooks for a track in the future.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums