Username
Password
Video News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 42.
11:59 AM on 02/07/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
You know this guy isn't a bad vocalist, but damn if his vocals for DGD sound like this. Way too high.

He'd fit perfect in a post-Cove, post-Anthony Saosin.

In a post-Jonny, post-Kurt DGD though?

I'm always excited for new DGD, but I still don't see him fitting well.
I disagree. I think the new DGD could be more similar to the S/T if they do it right. Tilian has a unique sound too that wasn't in the last record, and I actually enjoy a lot of songs on DBM2. Despite being one of their weaker efforts.
12:04 PM on 02/07/13
Dirge07
...coitus?
User Info.
Fantastic! I really hope this album propels his career further. I feel like this song especially could get him some major recognition.
12:11 PM on 02/07/13
iamcero26
User Info.
I disagree. I think the new DGD could be more similar to the S/T if they do it right. Tilian has a unique sound too that wasn't in the last record, and I actually enjoy a lot of songs on DBM2. Despite being one of their weaker efforts.
I just don't see it. I know his sound, and I don't hate it. I just don't think it fits with DGD. Would you listen to Death Star or Happiness if it had Tilian on vocals? I wouldn't have. I'd listen to this guy if he was still in Tides or if he joined Saosin. But the nasal, super high clean vocal thing doesn't work in DGD.

Worked in Tides, worked in Saosin, worked in SWS, works in PTV, etc.

Too many post-hardcore vocalists sound like that. That was actually one of the few things that made DGD stand out, that their singers didn't sound like their balls were in a vice grip, you know?

If Geise would have joined DGD, it would have been a much better fit. I barely even like Jonny, but I'd listen to another record with him before a Tilian cut.
12:15 PM on 02/07/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
I just don't see it. I know his sound, and I don't hate it. I just don't think it fits with DGD. Would you listen to Death Star or Happiness if it had Tilian on vocals? I wouldn't have. I'd listen to this guy if he was still in Tides or if he joined Saosin. But the nasal, super high clean vocal thing doesn't work in DGD.

Too many post-hardcore vocalists sound like that. That was actually one of the few things that made DGD stand out, that their singers didn't sound like their balls were in a vice grip, you know?

If Geise would have joined DGD, it would have been a much better fit. I barely even like Jonny, but I'd listen to another record with him before a Tilian cut.
Yeah, but we still haven't heard anything yet. We should wait for a song to be released before we make these claims. I agree though that it is a strange choice/fit for DGD. Like I said though it could bring a new unique element having his super high falsettos. Well see.
12:15 PM on 02/07/13
torres
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
So good. I loved when he sang this bridge during "Rock Solid" on the Dance Gavin Dance tour.
So glad I'm not the only person who noticed it. I was just about to post about it!
12:38 PM on 02/07/13
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
Dude's voice is fucking annoying. shit.
12:38 PM on 02/07/13
iamcero26
User Info.
Yeah, but we still haven't heard anything yet. We should wait for a song to be released before we make these claims. I agree though that it is a strange choice/fit for DGD. Like I said though it could bring a new unique element having his super high falsettos. Well see.
Only reason I say this is because when it was first announced that he joined, there was a full live set posted of him with DGD. Some people liked it, because they were Tilian fans. It worked with some of the back catalog, but it was too off for me I guess. Like I said, if they would have gotten a guy like Matt Geise? Next record would have been damn near guaranteed to be golden. Some of the early live videos with Matt were terrible quality, so you didn't really get a good judge of his sound with them, but some good ones came out later and he fit almost perfectly. Just saying if not live, going purely off of studio recordings, would you rather have Tilian Pearson or Matt Geise?
12:43 PM on 02/07/13
nowFace
We paved the roads.
User Info.
I'm not sure because I'm only familiar with Geise on Rock Solid, and he did a great job. Though I felt his vocals didn't match very well if he was going to be the main clean vocalist. I also haven't listened to Tides, but I was one of those people who enjoyed the live videos of Tilian. I should probably start listening to Lower D.
12:57 PM on 02/07/13
iamcero26
User Info.
I'm not sure because I'm only familiar with Geise on Rock Solid, and he did a great job. Though I felt his vocals didn't match very well if he was going to be the main clean vocalist. I also haven't listened to Tides, but I was one of those people who enjoyed the live videos of Tilian. I should probably start listening to Lower D.

01:10 PM on 02/07/13
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
User Info.
watching the video, it looks like the voice is too high for how he looks haha.
02:04 PM on 02/07/13
Bradalee21
Hmm...
User Info.
Such a boring, generic pop song.

I'm a huge DGD fan and i'm really not excited about him being the new frontman at all.
02:22 PM on 02/07/13
InstruMETAL
Be the change you wish to see
User Info.
This dude is awesome, he pulls off so many genres. Super excited for this album and new DGD. DGD is one of my fav post-hardcore bands so i'm very curious as to how he'd fit in with that sound or will they go in a new direction.
02:53 PM on 02/07/13
meekers
has been here longer than you
User Info.
you can almost taste the auto tune
03:16 PM on 02/07/13
iamcero26
User Info.
Such a boring, generic pop song.

I'm a huge DGD fan and i'm really not excited about him being the new frontman at all.
This. Whether you're a Jonny or a Kurt fan, anyone can agree that they're somewhat hesitant towards a guy like this taking over frontman duties. He's fine if you like the super-nasal-vice grip vocals a la Kellin, Vic, etc. But as a DGD vocalist? I'm not convinced yet.
03:49 PM on 02/07/13
Jack Appleby
___
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I was pretty vocal about believing Tilian was a bad choice.

Then I saw him on the recent tour. It works, amazingly well.

There were a few stylistically choices I didn't care for, but he KILLED it on Kurt songs (they actually played more Kurt era than Jonny era).
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests