AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 42 of 42.
04:06 PM on 02/07/13
iamcero26
User Info.
I was pretty vocal about believing Tilian was a bad choice.

Then I saw him on the recent tour. It works, amazingly well.

There were a few stylistically choices I didn't care for, but he KILLED it on Kurt songs (they actually played more Kurt era than Jonny era).
I'm more of a Kurt era fan to begin with, still say Happiness was them at their peak.

I saw the live set that was posted on her with him in it, and I wasn't too impressed. It's like he tries to do his own thing and improvs over the songs and it becomes grating. Could it become polished? Yeah, I'd say so.

I just feel like if Will decided to do a project with Geise anyway, why not add him in DGD over Pearson?

I get it that guys like Tillian Pearson, Kellin Quinn, Craig Owens, Vic Fuentes, and others have their "high voices are the best voices" cliques, but come on, you know?

The highest DGD vocals ever were on WISIRO, and it didn't stick because the band progressed.

I feel like this band was on the right track, then they went off course, and phoned in a cheap reunion record.

Last thing a band like DGD needed was another ridiculously divisive decision.
04:54 PM on 02/07/13
PunkInfluence09
In it for the lulz
User Info.
I was sold as Tilian as a replacement lead from the day it was announced. I love his solo stuff, his stuff with Tides, and heck, the demo (or two?) he did with Saosin were all awesome. And when he filled in for Jonny with Emarosa? Forget about; I saw that live. He absolutely killed it. Tilian is a much more versatile vocalist than some people give him credit for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_PpMJTBCsI

That whole set absolutely sealed the deal for me to have Tilian as the lead of DGD. I'm hoping they can stabilize and they'll be able to do more than one album with this lineup. It has incredible potential.
05:36 PM on 02/07/13
ActOfPeace
User Info.
I hate hearing singers as good this all tuned up with super auto-tuney vocals, especially in the chorus. I like to hear the human element, not this robotic sound. I wish this fad would go away.

+1
05:51 PM on 02/07/13
Kevin_MI
User Info.
The auto tune kills it for me. Like someone said earlier, sounds like a fucking robot.
05:57 PM on 02/07/13
mikalcheuk
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
great song.
06:35 PM on 02/07/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
I was pretty vocal about believing Tilian was a bad choice.

Then I saw him on the recent tour. It works, amazingly well.

There were a few stylistically choices I didn't care for, but he KILLED it on Kurt songs (they actually played more Kurt era than Jonny era).

My same thoughts. He killed it on ALL the songs
06:39 PM on 02/07/13
Your Milkshake
...I drink it
User Info.
I'm more of a Kurt era fan to begin with, still say Happiness was them at their peak.

I saw the live set that was posted on her with him in it, and I wasn't too impressed. It's like he tries to do his own thing and improvs over the songs and it becomes grating. Could it become polished? Yeah, I'd say so.

I just feel like if Will decided to do a project with Geise anyway, why not add him in DGD over Pearson?

I get it that guys like Tillian Pearson, Kellin Quinn, Craig Owens, Vic Fuentes, and others have their "high voices are the best voices" cliques, but come on, you know?

The highest DGD vocals ever were on WISIRO, and it didn't stick because the band progressed.

I feel like this band was on the right track, then they went off course, and phoned in a cheap reunion record.

Last thing a band like DGD needed was another ridiculously divisive decision.
the vox hit way higher notes on dbm1 and deathstar actually
06:52 PM on 02/07/13
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
I'm interested and excited.
10:53 PM on 02/07/13
Skinny blaque
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Look at it this way, Will Swan is a master guitarist, he knows what he's doing, I'm sure the new DGD will kick ass, I'm predicting like a more proggy sound scape to compliment Tilians voice, the Mars Volta meets the blood bros it'll be cool as fuck
12:20 AM on 02/08/13
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
this song is fuckin cornball
12:52 AM on 02/08/13
RocksLikeToast
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
i thought it was a GAP commericial at first
06:14 AM on 02/08/13
Prae Omnia