AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Comments: Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 91
04:39 AM on 02/08/13
J.Dick
User Info.
All my friends drink and/or smoke, and a lot of them do drugs. That doesn't effect me and it doesn't bother me one bit. I don't do these things and that doesn't effect or bother them either. I have friends who were edge and broke, and I have a friend who has an edge tattoo and broke. I didn't shun them, I didn't cut their tattoos off, I didn't care. What they do is up to them.

I've never understood the militant thing.

People should think a little more before getting those tattoos.
05:15 AM on 02/08/13
mikeXXXnj
I'm the (not actually)black jesus.
User Info.
wait is anyone seriously still claiming "edge" over the age of 15 in 2013?
i am. what's the problem with that?

a lot of people do. you being just as much of a douche as dumbass militant kids
05:16 AM on 02/08/13
mikeXXXnj
User Info.
fucking hate edge kids, seriously. "Im better cause I don't need to drink/smoke to have fun."
you're ignorant.
06:42 AM on 02/08/13
ARo2431
User Info.
A wise old man once told me, never trust a man who doesn't drink...
08:24 AM on 02/08/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Nope. Edge kids are the most ignorant people i have ever met. Fuck you, label whore.
09:12 AM on 02/08/13
ScorchOurBodies
Dead Inside
User Info.
Every edge person I know has been really cool and aren't the type to look down on you. Also, I've never smoked or drank or whatever in my life but I don't claim edge because as people are saying, I don't need that label to live my life.
09:28 AM on 02/08/13
mikeXXXnj
User Info.
Nope. Edge kids are the most ignorant people i have ever met. Fuck you, label whore.
how am i ignorant, and how am I a "label whore". you're a fucking idiot.
10:09 AM on 02/08/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
how am i ignorant, and how am I a "label whore". you're a fucking idiot.
As i have stated earlier in this thread, there are millions of people who dont drink drink/ do drugs in this world and they consider themeselves just "people" but for some reason hardcore kids need to label themselves and throw it and everyone face that they are "edge." For example your profile is clearly making fun of pot heads with all the weed references. "top weed smoker in 08" good one bro. Why cant you have 1 beer? that wont make a difference in your life. Its just a trendy thing for hardcore kids to do these days to fit in with a specific crowd. Other people say they are stay sober and dont fucking claim edge and get XXX tatoo's on their body. Just hardcore kids who have something to prove.
10:14 AM on 02/08/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
Every edge person I know has been really cool and aren't the type to look down on you. Also, I've never smoked or drank or whatever in my life but I don't claim edge because as people are saying, I don't need that label to live my life.

This is pretty much me to a certain extent. I'm considered to be edge because of my actions, but I've never actually gone out of the way to label myself as such. If someone asks me why I'm not drinking I would never say "Because I'm straight edge." I have my own personal set of reasons.
10:51 AM on 02/08/13
The_Effort
User Info.
I agree with that^. When people ask why I'm not drinking I just tell them I don't drink. When they ask if I wanna smoke (doesn't happen as often) I simply tell them I don't smoke. If anybody asks, I do tell them I'm edge, but I never really walk around telling people because it's a PART of me; it is not my identity.

I also see nothing wrong with being proud of it. Much like people who love beer wear Budweiser shirts, or people who love smoking pot wear shirts with pot leaves on them. I have a couple edge hoodies I wear from time to time because again its a part of me. I wouldn't be the person I am without it. The issue is there's a limit to the extent you can take it. Some kids throw it in every bodies face and a majority of those people don't wanna hear it. Some people are condescending about it and tell everybody who smoked or drinks that they're a lesser being- this I've never been able to comprehend. My choosing to not put a substance into my body does not make me a better person than anybody else. Every single person has their flaws. On the flip side, choosing to put a substance into your body does not make you a better person than the people who don't, and yes, I've come across this plenty.

I'm afraid I've simply begun to ramble.

TL;DR
not every edge kid is a narrow minded asshole just like how not every Christian is a narrow minded bigot. I think that sums it up decently? Haha
10:52 AM on 02/08/13
The_Effort
User Info.
People should think a little more before getting those tattoos.

You are absolutely positively 100% right about this.
04:59 PM on 02/09/13
bakerboy420
User Info.
Most people who I know that claimed it now drink or smoke, only 3 people I know, counting myself claim it.
I claim it just because I like to, there isn't really reason behind it. I discovered "straight edge" when I was 14 (almost 21 now) and I never did smoke or drink or wanted to so knowing that there was a group of people like me, gave me excitement and extra push to not want to smoke or drink. So I've sort of just stuck with claiming it even though I hardly mention it or even have conversations that deal with being edge.
Dude you can't make such drastic life decision without atleast trying these things. A beer after a long days work is so nice and blazing a joint before watching your favourite band play is awesome as well. Legit 2 of my favourite things to do. Everything in moderation is good you can't just cut these things out because of a decision u made when u were 14. Just a thought.
06:19 PM on 02/09/13
gameboy_color
Piddo-shitstained-woodpecker
User Info.
Dude you can't make such drastic life decision without atleast trying these things. A beer after a long days work is so nice and blazing a joint before watching your favourite band play is awesome as well. Legit 2 of my favourite things to do. Everything in moderation is good you can't just cut these things out because of a decision u made when u were 14. Just a thought.

The decision I made when I was 14 has made me proud of myself. All if not most of my friends who smoke wish that they didnt start and half of them who drink said they think its a waste of time. The idea of smoking anything doesn't appeal to me and beer/alcohol smells gross.

I have put a lot of thinking into it...that's why I still choose to be sober.

If those are your 2 favorite things to do, then have a blast with it.
My 2 favorite things to do are sleeping and touring.
Which is what I do.
06:23 PM on 02/09/13
gameboy_color
User Info.

Are people who claim vegetarian label whores?
You can say its "not a label" all you want but it's still just a word that describes someone's life choice..like 'straight edge'
06:25 PM on 02/09/13
gameboy_color
User Info.
As i have stated earlier in this thread, there are millions of people who dont drink drink/ do drugs in this world and they consider themeselves just "people" but for some reason hardcore kids need to label themselves and throw it and everyone face that they are "edge." For example your profile is clearly making fun of pot heads with all the weed references. "top weed smoker in 08" good one bro. Why cant you have 1 beer? that wont make a difference in your life. Its just a trendy thing for hardcore kids to do these days to fit in with a specific crowd. Other people say they are stay sober and dont fucking claim edge and get XXX tatoo's on their body. Just hardcore kids who have something to prove.

There are more than hardcore kids who claim straight edge. Its a wide acceptance today. There are even straight edge rappers. Definitely in big cities, its becoming a term known to a huge ton of people.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos