|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Responses by Daniel Connolly, lead guitarist and songwriter of Sisteray
1. How did you get your band name?
It's my favourite record store in Berwick Street, London, that's also on the cover of Oasis' What's the Story. It's a Velvet Underground song too (spelt slightly differently)!
2. How did this band get started?
Me, my brother Ryan the drummer and mate Mike always wanted to start a band. We found our singer Niall and started jamming and gigging in Camden and it went from there. I've been writing songs for about six years now and had songs like Echoes and I'm Free in my pocket since I was about 17 or 18.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Paul Weller and The Jam was the first band I got in to there. I am massive Oasis and Stone Roses fans. I also love The Beatles, The Kinks, Small Faces, Who, Hendrix, Dylan, The Smiths, The La's, T-Rex, Slade, Kasabian, Pretty Things and Arctic Monkeys. I also have a love for blues music like Chuck Berry, Elmore James, Bo Diddley, John-Lee Hooker and I'm a massive Rolling Stones fan!
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
100% Oasis. Best tours, parties, booze, drugs and amazing f***ing music! And Liam of course!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Tends to be McD's. Standard.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we're great. We write proper songs and are great live!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Bradley Wiggins because he's a rock star.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
No one. I can't stand that pretenious b***ocks. It's all voted for by the big-wigs and suits anyways. I'd rather win an NME award, voted for by the people!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Downloads. I used to love saving my money and buying an album. I have hundreds. The download has basically killed the existence of the B-side and bands like The Beatles and Oasis used to write amazing B-Sides.
10. Memorable tour experience?
A couple shagging next to the stage in pretty memorable.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Well our roots are in Punk. We love the Pistols, Buzzcocks, Stooges. It keeps that music alive!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
You Shine. It also gets top reactions from the crowd.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Magaluf, Majorca (or Shagaluf as it's know as in the UK).
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Anything from Paul Weller's Stanley Road brings me back to being young in the 90s.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be?
Lazer eyes like Superman
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Right shoe before left?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I'm a ninja.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't listen to radio as it's a generic pop nonsense that all sounds the same. The charts are dominated by 12 year-old girls and who they fancy. Beiber and One Direction (No Direction) have no talent.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Smoke. Drink. Chat
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I used to play professional soccer for Barnet and used to be a boxer.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |