Username
Password

10:28 PM on 02/07/13 
User Info.
bite2brkskn12
Registered Member
West Chester
Male - 23 Years Old
I used to run all the time but because of decreasing quality of my knees I had to stop and now stick to the eliptical for cardio. First things first, get yourself a good pair of running shoes. I use Nike Free Run's they are a little expensive but they are amazing. They fit like a glove and are so light it feels like you're running barefoot.

Another tip is to drink a bottle of water or two before you run. I used to get terrible stomach cramps until i figured out they went away if i drank some water before.

While running, breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth. Most people, especially new runners or people out of shape, breathe in and out of their mouth like they're panting and you will run out of breath very fast and feel winded.

As for the length of your run and the type of run is up to you. I'd start out just going for a jog and seeing how you feel. If you can only run a mile or half a mile, I'd say do that for a week or until you're body is used to it then bump it up. Next week try two miles. You have plenty of time and exercising should be enjoyable. If you try to do too much too fast, you'll just frustrated and end up quitting.

If you're really trying to get in shape, interval running is the best way to do that. Interval running is good because it keeps your heartbeat up which is how you lose fat and running tones you're abl muscles and tones almost every muscle in your body. An easy way to do interval running is to count telephone poles. I used to run/sprint the distance of two telephone poles then jog to the next one, then run/sprint two more and so on.

I used to hate running but after dedicating time to it, I am able to run 5 miles without falling over and dying haha I used to be 236 lbs and am now around 170.. Anymore questions just pm me

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos