Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 75
12:28 PM on 02/08/13
matt.radick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Excited because Pyotr is one of the saddest songs I've ever heard and who doesn't love a good cry?
12:29 PM on 02/08/13
MSS614
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Because they rule both rule! I'm a huge KD fan, and I like Manchester too. Also stoked to see the Front Bottoms again. Those dudes always put on a good show.
12:30 PM on 02/08/13
ashimagery
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The excitement I'll feel when I'm waiting in line to see them is going to be like I'm 16 again, wearing band aids on my wrist, with fingers crossed hoping they will play my favorite song. Been a huge fan of the artists for a long time. It's always great to see them prospering and creating new albums, especially together.
12:32 PM on 02/08/13
Emilyjoarmitage
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would be excited to see bad books on this tour because Andy hull and Kevin Devine were separately two of my favorite musicians and biggest inspirations to me and then they made a band together and made two of the best albums I've ever heard and then they toured but I live in Nobody Cares, Wyoming and am of the brief age of 17. So bad books II on vinyl could mend my broken heart
12:34 PM on 02/08/13
merxleben
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I have always been a fan of both Andy Hull and Kevin Devine but haven't seen either live. I drove to Chicago once (5hr drive) to see Andy Hull play and planned on just buying tickets at the door. I was dumb, it was sold out and that cause a long drive back home. I hope I have better luck seeing Bad Books play this year in the Cincinnati area!
12:36 PM on 02/08/13
akometz
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I can't wait to see this band on ttour because i have a huuuuge crush on Andy and his skills. If i could marry a voice, it'd be his
12:39 PM on 02/08/13
yes i am emily
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I saw Andy and Kevin together at SXSW last year and actually cried like a baby.
I procrastinated too much to get tickets to the Bad Books Chicago date before it sold out.
And now I want to cry like a baby again.
(This time with their vinyl in my possession.)
Please?
12:39 PM on 02/08/13
jmikec93
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm excited because it'll just be epical. The amount of fresh looking beards on stage at a Bad Books show is just uncountable. The harmonies never stop to tickle my fancy. The humor and flow flow on stage is harder to explain than magnets and mirrors. And of course the lyrical genius that is in there is harder to contain than a mythical dragon. I dream of taking my friend to a perfect show, the only thing i could come up with was a Bad Books show. it will literally be da bomb.
12:41 PM on 02/08/13
Glegatos
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Because I'm seeing them on my 21st bday and I really just wanna get drunk and sing a long and feel all warm inside and maybe even cry a little.
12:42 PM on 02/08/13
MissShows
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I would love to win this giveaway! I am a huge fan of anything Andy Hull gets himself in musically. Unfortunately I won't be able to see the band on this round as their travels won't reach far enough west. I have seen Manchester Orchestra/Bad Books/Andy Hull/Kevin Devein & TGDB all over AZ, CA and last year made the trip to UT just to see these guys play. I love introducing new people to music from these bands. I first listened to MO after my favorite music shop (Zia Records) had 'I'm Like a Virgin Losing a Child' at the checkout counter for $0.01. Who could pass that deal up to check out new music? That's the start of my beautiful fascination with MO and anything these guys seem to get their hands in. I was one of the lucky ones who was able to purchase copy 250/500 of the Thrice, MO, O'Brother LP and would love to win the album to add to my collection. Listening to music on vinyl just has a different feel about it that I think all should get to experience.
12:44 PM on 02/08/13
dankennedy
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Asteroid 2012 DA14 to sweep close on February 15, 2013. That's the day of the Pontiac show which is a meagre twenty minutes away from me. Bad Books will ring in the end of the world (finally, right!?), and if they don't, then certainly they're responsible for saving it. Either way, I'll be there.
nicole624
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Unfortunately I wasn't able to get tickets to their sold out show in Philly. But instead of moping around on that sad Thursday in February, listening to II on vinyl in my dorm room would be the next best thing. It will be like my own mini-Bad Books concert!
getupguy222
User Info.
All these lame "Hull and Devine" comments, sure those guys had their day, I'm excited to see them for one reason Ben Littlefooted Homola. As far as I'm concerned the other dudes can just stay on the bus.
12:46 PM on 02/08/13
nickdep
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This past year really has been a change in my music taste. Over the summer a couple of my close friends went on and on about Manchester and Andy Hull, as I sat there completely oblivious. Come to the school year, I found myself on a high of AP exposure and a ton of new music to listen to. Then I heard Andy Hull, some plaid-wearing, bear-rocking, indie singer that seemed to be a poster child of his respective genre. Instantly, I was blown away. Not much later, I heard a couple songs of Andy Hull singing with Kevin Devine, a guy I had gotten a solo album of from The Drop a month or two prior. Hearing them play "Forest Whitaker" on a live stream got me hooked, and I listened to their first album non-stop on Spotify. Fast forward many month later, I am still in awe of this guy's talent and am beyond thrilled that I was introduced to his music. Right now my girlfriend and I are planning on seeing BB at Bowery on the 20th.

Plus, I just began collecting vinyl this past October, and this would be an incredible addition.
12:47 PM on 02/08/13
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
I pretty much forfeit the chance to win the vinyl by saying this, but as awesome as Bad Books II is, the real reason I'll be driving almost 2 hours by myself in a state I'm not familiar with at all yet (South Carolina) is because Weatherbox is opening. Bad Books are just icing on the cake for me. Really, really tasty icing on the cake.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos