Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 75
11:47 AM on 02/08/13
somekid773
I was a ghost on your birthday
User Info.
After seeing Manchester Orchestra live for the first time back in 2010 Andy Hull quickly became my favorite musician, and a person that I look to when in need of some creative inspiration. I can instantly start spinning an MO, Bad Books, or RAGC record and get lost in it. The constant energy and emotion that he and the rest of the band bring into the music is something that is hard to match in my honest opinion. I have since seen Manchester Orchestra play 4 other times, and I got to meet and talk with Andy and Chris on two of those occasions when they came through Tampa. They have consistently put on amazing shows, and I feel like they give it their all whenever they go on stage. I can say that from the brief encounters I've had with the band that they are all genuine and great guys, and they deserve all the love and and increased support they've seen lately. I wish I could go to one of these shows because I have yet to see Bad Books or Kevin Devine play live. Hopefully next time they tour they will swing through the greater Tampa Bay area.
11:50 AM on 02/08/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
I pretty much forfeit the chance to win the vinyl by saying this, but as awesome as Bad Books II is, the real reason I'll be driving almost 2 hours by myself in a state I'm not familiar with at all yet (South Carolina) is because Weatherbox is opening. Bad Books are just icing on the cake for me. Really, really tasty icing on the cake.

That's what's up
11:54 AM on 02/08/13
zombie83
User Info.
Well it goes like this...a few years ago I found myself at this killer show at the Cat's Cradle in Carrboro NC great little place. anyway so with the headlining band being Bad Books i knew i was in for a treat. myself being such a Manchester Orchestra, and Kevin Devine fan i was stoked when the night lead to meeting the guys. thats when things got strange. after some lengthy discussions we found that outside of the odd fact that the three of us shared ginger beards, we also shared the bizarre strikingly similar story of being abandoned at a young age. so after some meticulous sleuthing, and some blood tests it turns out that the three of us are long lost brothers. so getting this amazing album on LP would help me reconnect with family i never knew that i had, and assist me in understanding what all they have been through without having the support of another brother all this time.

-ajr
11:54 AM on 02/08/13
poorben
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wasn't able to get a ticket to the New York show before it sold out but I figure it couldn't hurt to express my feelings on the band anyway. The thing I love about Bad Books (not solely Andy or Kevin or the two as a partnership) is the dynamic of the band as a whole; the way Rob's leads really lift Devine and Hull's storytelling off of the ground and are further propelled by Ben's drums, the consistency of their records and the way in which Devine and Hull choose to be a different kind of honest in every song. You'd be hard pressed to find another duo of songwriters as honest and humble as this. I've never seen either of them live, both as Bad Books or solo, and it's a shame I wasn't able to snag a ticket to the NYC show, but a vinyl copy of "II" would be really cool. Thanks for the opportunity.
11:55 AM on 02/08/13
tinylilnative
Brand New? Nope, never heard of 'em
User Info.
God spoke to me and told me that I should start digging and eventually I will find a golden record. It will be filled with the holiest of Bad Books music, christened by God himself. And I will spread that music to the people all the way from upstate New York to Salt Lake City to His Devine Kingdom.
11:56 AM on 02/08/13
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
12:04 PM on 02/08/13
zman444
kew d00d
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ipa6eArjA and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cjWd_OPZfw.

They write some infectious ass music that I've had on repeat since it's release. Two unique and instantly identifiable songwriters that have an almost blended-at-birth quality, as in, they work beautifully together. They have heart, know how to crank it, and don't overthink things.

I'm driving two hours to see them in PA on this tour and it's all money well spent. I've seen Manchester in Columbus and they tore it up, so I can only expect the best with some KD in the mix.
12:07 PM on 02/08/13
drumbum1
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I've played drums for the past 8 years and I recently picked up guitar and have been trying my hand at song writing. Almost immediately after starting to learn guitar I heard Bad Books and my mind was blown! Seeing them live is going to be crazy because I've been gorging myself on their records for a while and I can not wait to hear the songs I've come to love so much be played live.
Much love to the whole band...but especially Ben (drummers gotta stick together)
See you guys soon!
12:07 PM on 02/08/13
xburningcoffin
User Info.
Both records are so amazing and they they just seem to be getting better and better it would be great to have the record on vinyl. One of the only bands my wife will legitimately go to see with me that I know will rock. My anticipation for II was huge and for their respective projects to come out this year, it will be awesome to get to see them play new jams in Chicago before I move away.
12:08 PM on 02/08/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
This is how I feel about going to the Chicago date...

12:14 PM on 02/08/13
xcallmejesusx
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I want to challenge them to a pizza eating contest.
12:17 PM on 02/08/13
jakesbn
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Manchester Orchestra is my favorite band, so for Christmas my sister got us tickets to see the Bad Books show in Chicago. I don't even care if that makes my sister my Valentine's Day date, 'cause Bad Books II is brilliant and I'm so stoked for the show! Winning the album would just be icing on the cake!

"Speedy eyes and I want what I want"
12:18 PM on 02/08/13
JoeLovesMO
JoeLovesMansions
User Info.
Because I might get Andy's beard sweat rag. Not American so I have no chance of seeing them, want the vinyl anyway :(
12:24 PM on 02/08/13
croutons
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
1. They are the best supergroup since Temple of the Dog (Chickenfoot included!!!)

2. Weatherbox and The Front Bottoms both kill as support
12:29 PM on 02/08/13
fireyred77
User Info.
Bad books is a collaboration of musical genius. Each song on II was masterfully crafted into a full album that has to be played all the way through. I have never been disappointed seeing Kevin or Manchester play, and I don't see Bad Books as being any different. Their music is able to touch people in such a way that they are genuinely moved by the music (at least for me anyway). Kevin is one of the coolest guys I've met, and they couldn't have chosen a better band to tour with (The Front Bottoms). This is the hottest ticket in town, and I can't wait to see the show!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos