AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
11:47 AM on 02/08/13
Simonthm
User Info.
After the post last night that got everyone talking about Brand New, I made a quip on Twitter about this band getting a reaction unlike any I've ever seen on our website. This led to a response asking if Brand New were more open and released information more frequently to everyone -- would the same reaction occur?

I say no.

I love this band with an almost #cutforbieber mentality; however, I do think that the secrecy and general lack of information surrounding them adds to the furor. I mean, some random dude talking to Jesse and posting about it on Twitter caused a gif-tastic explosion and this happens virtually every single time the band is even hinted about. Just the idea that Shone was somehow Brand New related caused the biggest news thread of all time on the website. And the lead singer not being Jesse caused an almost equal backlash. Does this work so well for Brand New because of their two famed releases? We don't see the same kind of intense passion for other bands that are also more mysterious.

Thoughts?

You are on dead on with this.

I'm still scratching my head over the 3 random posters they released a while back. Caused a shitstorm too.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos