Username
Password
Brand New News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 120.
11:02 AM on 02/08/13
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
Does anyone have a link to the déjà entendu ecard that was floating around on this site around release date? I need a hit of nostalgia if it still exists

Spotify?
11:03 AM on 02/08/13
Degausser156
User Info.
I would definitely disagree with TDAGARIM being mixed. From what I have seen here, the mixed just comes from those who find their first album their favorite (definitely nostalgic) and are always waiting for their return to that style (which will never happen). TDAGARIM continues to be one of my favorite albums of all time for any band.
11:04 AM on 02/08/13
Skatinbrad
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It's almost creepy (and disgusting) that a small tweet and general heresay blows out of proportion and is taken literally. It's also sad that the small exchange (which I'm sure was more along the lines of "well im hoping to get something out by summer") was the biggest part news-wise for the Shone show. It was their show, and it was turned into this wild "leaked information" because people hounded over Jesse and the band.
11:05 AM on 02/08/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I'm a Brand New fan and I'm still baffled as to why everyone on this site goes so crazy for them.
I feel exactly the same way...
11:06 AM on 02/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
Does anyone have a link to the déjà entendu ecard that was floating around on this site around release date? I need a hit of nostalgia if it still exists
http://flashenhanced.com/brandnew

That's where it was. It's dead now though.
11:07 AM on 02/08/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I'm a Brand New fan and I'm still baffled as to why everyone on this site goes so crazy for them.
This. Good band, but confusing nonetheless.
11:08 AM on 02/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
It seems like it would make it really difficult to be a casual fan of the band because someone who isn't really devoted to Brand New won't have the patience to put up with all the teases and non-news.
I kinda wonder if it makes it easier too ... you just sit back, go about your day, and wait for something to actually come out and the band to tour every 3-4 years.
11:11 AM on 02/08/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
I feel exactly the same way...

This. Good band, but confusing nonetheless.

I really do think a big part of it has to do with the mystery ... it's something you can't have, can't know, and it makes people crazy. Plus, it helps that the band released two (for some 3) of the most influential albums in their formative lives.
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
i agree. i have always thought it odd with jesse/brand new's admiration for some foreign press but never in the states. at the same time it does add to the bands allure.

Aside from the music, that's one of the things that I love about this band. Most bands covered on this website come to Canada to play shows in 3 cities, just like Fall Out Boy is doing this summer, and that annoys me. I really appreciate the fact that Brand New is willing to actually tour across our country and do a legitimate Canadian tour. The fact that they don't refuse interview requests from us Canadians is just an added bonus, haha.
dtomczak
always hungry.
User Info.
I'm a Brand New fan as well, but the response that they get on this site at even the slightest inclination towards new music is ridiculous. They love having this sense of mystery, almost as if they're living legends. Hopefully they don't get full of it and release bad music after all this hype.
11:15 AM on 02/08/13
xsinkshipsx
@alexmacwilliam
User Info.
obviously the lack of infor helps a band. It creates an aura surrounding the band. It's the same way with any songwriter/band who doesn't do interviews or shows a lot.
11:16 AM on 02/08/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I really do think a big part of it has to do with the mystery ... it's something you can't have, can't know, and it makes people crazy. Plus, it helps that the band released two (for some 3) of the most influential albums in their formative lives.

No, I understand that - I suppose I'm just confused by how nearly-universal AP's love for Brand New is. I find it fascinating that on such a large site, there is relatively little outcry against Brand New's reputation.
11:17 AM on 02/08/13
lp670sv
Go Sabres
User Info.
The secrecy is one of the main reasons I like Brand New so much, it kind of makes them seem enigmatic in away.
11:18 AM on 02/08/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
and this is where I agree with you 100%.
11:20 AM on 02/08/13
TSLROCKS
Knicks 2016 World Champions!
User Info.
Absolutely right on this
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives