Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 4
Displaying posts 45 - 60 of 92.
04:31 PM on 02/08/13
jesse-k
this is it boys, this is war
User Info.
FOB have the chance to take back the crown with this.

Nickelback will never give the crown back.
04:33 PM on 02/08/13
mbarney82
User Info.
Nickelback will never give the crown back.

04:33 PM on 02/08/13
TSTLSOOM
Hayley > Hayley
User Info.
the song is way better live IMO
So True.
04:50 PM on 02/08/13
dennk018
dennk018
User Info.
05:24 PM on 02/08/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.

Or, if you roll that way,
05:33 PM on 02/08/13
Spencer Control
Will you catch me if I blow away?
User Info.
But, I agree with Drew. I think this reunion is less about the fact that Fall Out Boy is making/playing music again, and more about the fact that it's really what they want to do. They could have sold out (FUCT 2.0) or milked this to death, but they're just jumping right back into it - making music and playing shows. I'm not a diehard FOB fan, but this has me pretty stoked - to see a band so huge continue doing what they love (and are good at) without just cashing in.
05:52 PM on 02/08/13
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
It's more than just FOB getting back together. For a band of their size and stature, it has a lot more to do with the current state of music. There aren't really any big rock acts that can cross genres and still be the face of rock music. FOB have the chance to take back the crown with this.

The face of rock? If Dave Grohl heard this he might have a heart attack.
05:56 PM on 02/08/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
The face of rock? If Dave Grohl heard this he might have a heart attack.
I wrote up a whole piece about it and he was included. Hence the fact I said transcend genres.
09:05 PM on 02/08/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I wrote up a whole piece about it and he was included. Hence the fact I said transcend genres.

Transcend genres?
09:07 PM on 02/08/13
Keagan Ilvonen
@KeaganIlvonen
User Info.
Fall out boy have the ability to sky rocket on the pop charts as well as the alternative charts. I don't think the same can be said for Foo Fighters.
09:13 PM on 02/08/13
inevitable
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Fall out boy have the ability to sky rocket on the pop charts as well as the alternative charts. I don't think the same can be said for Foo Fighters.

What charts? Or who's charts?
09:29 PM on 02/08/13
ecartman(>< )
Denim
User Info.
What charts? Or who's charts?
....yours.....I have seen them
09:34 PM on 02/08/13
defytheodds
south shore
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
FOB will never take the crown from Foo Fighters. Foo fighters are clearly the Kings of rock in this generation, while the princes of alternative and pop is a rotating door of bands. Fun dominated it this past year (and could be here to stay stated by many). Not sure on queen - Hayley Williams? FOB coming back will be a big deal, but what about Blink 182 starting to record new music this month? FOB has a decade under their belt with moderate success. I agree the hiatus was more them taking a breath and turning out music that they love and what made them famous in the first place instead of being forced to dish out mediocre music that we quickly criticize and often pushes bands apart (sell out). Cross genre from Pop to Alternative isn't exactly an impressive feat either. It's going from the shallow end of the pool to a deeper section of the pool, you're still in the same damn pool.
10:39 PM on 02/08/13
chokeychicken
A long time ago..
User Info.
this basically sums up what the new york show was like. Never in my life have I see a band go on hiatus and come back sounding better than they ever did originally like FOB has. They were on the same page, Patrick sounded amazing and they looked to be having a blast. Their live show has improved 10 fold since 2008.
10:55 PM on 02/08/13
abc22
You'll never stop at one
User Info.
For as much as I live for blink, I have to admit that Fall Out Boy rewrote the definition of a band returning from hiatus. With a new single, record, and tour routing, they made blink's 2009 return look amateur on several levels. Blink announced a tour and new single (remember when Mark tweeted that Up All Night was mixed, mastered, and finalized?) but the lack of a single stemmed some momentum and ultimately re-alienated a group of fans clearly dissatisfied with blink's apparent satisfaction of cashing in.

I'm incredibly stoked. I got me a ticket to the St. Paul show and will try for Chicago tomorrow. It's a good time to be a car crash heart.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums