Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts
02:12 PM on 02/10/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
Great review. I've listened to the album and almost nothing else since it came out and still can't tell how much I love it. But I love it quite a bit at least.
07:19 PM on 02/14/13
Steeeve Perry
Pushin' th' little daisies
User Info.
I will admit my ignorance and say that I don't think I had ever heard of this band until the lead singer said that a new album was coming out a few days before it did, and everybody freaked out.
Since people seemed to hyped about it, I decided to check it out once it was actually released.

And after listening to it (and not liking it), and now seeing the ratings for this review, I just have one thing to say, are you serious?
I mean this obviously isn't my kind of music (and if other people do more power to them I guess) but a perfect 10? C'mon man!

One of the tracks is LITERALLY the same 3 seconds repeated over and over again for 3 and a half minutes

Like seriously, what the fuck is that?
How can an album that features a track and uncreative and lame as that get all 10s?

(I do realize that is probably the worst track on the album, btw. And even though I totally disagree with it, the review was well written.)
You're well within your rights to dislike the album, and the band's sound. But have you ever played a guitar? How can the guitar sound not blow your mind? I mean, how the fuck does anyone make a guitar sound like Kevin Shields does? So many people have tried and most don't even come close.
People have used a heap of delay, whammy, reverb and everything. Not even close.
People have layered countless guitar parts on top of each other. Not even close at all.
That's the impressive part of My Bloody Valentine's music. After people get past that, then they usually decide whether they actually like it or not. Some just hear noise and others have wet dreams.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos