Username
Password
Fall Out Boy News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 130.
09:41 AM on 02/10/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
looks like their next tour will be back to Arenas. amirite?
i hope so so they can play mohegan sun
09:49 AM on 02/10/13
wall e
no rule says dog cant play basketba
User Info.
Blame TM and Live nation for having a complete monopoly over your tickets.
09:50 AM on 02/10/13
airik625
you mess with the bull...
User Info.
Would be pissed if I bought fake tickets. Those scalpers better hope they weren't still there when I returned. However, it is a clever idea.
09:51 AM on 02/10/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
Is it just me, or are FOB playing really small venues for the size of their band? I realize they've been gone for a while, but with how fast these tix are being snatched up, I wonder why they play at a place like the Showbox SoDo with I believe a capacity of 1500. Nothing to scoff at for sure, but I just think they could have played somewhere bigger.

This is unrelated to scalping.
09:55 AM on 02/10/13
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
First, I wanna say I posted this last night...what? No credit?

But what I really came here to say is this: As long as people are willing to pay exhorbitant prices for the tickets scalping won't end. It's really a supply and demand situation. If supply is low and demand is high prices are high as well. Since there is only a finite amount of tickets supply is low. As with most bigger bands, demand is high. Therefore, prices (from scalpers) are high. In other words, since scalpers know that they can find people to pay 200+ for a ticket they are going to continue to buy all the tickets and charge 200+ a ticket. The only way to stop these practices is to stop paying high amounts of money for the tickets. If the scalpers can't sell them, they won't buy them.
09:58 AM on 02/10/13
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
I bet scalpers are some sort of necessary evil, kind of like Nic Cage's characer in Lord of War. How he gets caught in the end, and in the questioning room, he tells Ethan Hawke's character how a guy is going to come in the room, and tell him to release me, etc. #ArmsRace.
10:04 AM on 02/10/13
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
So glad Fall Out Boy is addressing this. Some toolbag even bragged about scalping in the other thread:

"Originally Posted by scubacougar
good luck bitches they're gone!! selling a houston GA ticket for 750"

For anyone frustrated with scalping, here's at least one asshole who showed his username and his intentions. Feel free to message the prick.
10:06 AM on 02/10/13
Zummy
I'm illegal in 48 states
User Info.
Is it just me, or are FOB playing really small venues for the size of their band? I realize they've been gone for a while, but with how fast these tix are being snatched up, I wonder why they play at a place like the Showbox SoDo with I believe a capacity of 1500. Nothing to scoff at for sure, but I just think they could have played somewhere bigger.

They are definitely playing smaller venues then they have in the past, but that's because they want a more intimate show experience. They realize that smaller crowds is a necessary evil. The first three shows were small and the rest of the shows are going to be bigger I believe....at least I know the Michigan date will be.
10:06 AM on 02/10/13
DecemberFaded
Streets ahead.
User Info.
For shows that are inevitability a sell out, I think they should just have advance tickets available for purchase at the actual box office. If its a small tour you could even scan a photo ID of the purchaser to cross referenced day of show.

How would scalpers from across the country get around that?

Seems like a lot of work, but there is absolutely no chance this tour would have hurt but enforcing such strict ticketing policies.

I didn't get tickets to the Atlanta show. Pretty bummed about out it too.

See what I just posted.
10:13 AM on 02/10/13
MJB12
User Info.
I was lucky to get tickets for Denver no problem. I like that they're acknowledging the situation but they're also playing really tiny venues on purpose, they should have seen this coming. In Denver they're playing the Ogden which is like 1200 max. They could have done the Fillmore which is 3000.
10:16 AM on 02/10/13
RockVocalPower
Ups and Downsizing
User Info.
The part about canceling orders if people resell them works for a reserved show but not GA. It's easier to cancel orders if you know seat location, which somr secondary sellers will list.

And for the record, multiple shows on the FOB tour are will-call only

Not really. Louie sells his tickets for $45 for every seat, whether first row or last row. A GA venue has no seats and no real order of where you can view the show. Have FoB sell each seat for $40 and have a will call pickup option only. Have the fan bring a confirmation email and a valid form of ID. For people younger than 17 or 18 without any ID, have their parents show the credit card used for the purchase. Only drawback from this is long lines but if the doors are at 7, start at 5:30 and have the people wait in an inside the venue area until the doors are open.
10:18 AM on 02/10/13
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.

To be honest I'm happy they're playing smaller venues... It brought much more hype and a sense of urgency to get tickets this every date of their tour sold out in 15 minutes or less-- I mean I'm sure they 1) will tour again and play bigger places... I wish they had addressed the scalping issue differently by only doing will call because seeing 150-400 tickets on there for every date is pretty depressing... But I can't complain because I managed to get tickets to the shows I wanted... I just fell bad for legitimate fans who are getting screwed because of people scalping tickets not because the band chose to play smaller venues
10:19 AM on 02/10/13
Takuto
User Info.
First, I wanna say I posted this last night...what? No credit?

But what I really came here to say is this: As long as people are willing to pay exhorbitant prices for the tickets scalping won't end. It's really a supply and demand situation. If supply is low and demand is high prices are high as well. Since there is only a finite amount of tickets supply is low. As with most bigger bands, demand is high. Therefore, prices (from scalpers) are high. In other words, since scalpers know that they can find people to pay 200+ for a ticket they are going to continue to buy all the tickets and charge 200+ a ticket. The only way to stop these practices is to stop paying high amounts of money for the tickets. If the scalpers can't sell them, they won't buy them.

This. The only person to blame for these high prices is the demand. Even if you put a cap on these resale tickets, they'll still be gone the second of. Just because you aren't willing to spend $150 for a FOB ticket doesn't mean some other people won't. It's a shitty situation but at least you have a chance to go to the show. My show was will call only and I still didn't get tickets and I have no hope. Stuff like this happens all the time for big tours. Only way FOB can fight back is to charge $150 for tickets on ticketmaster originally.
10:20 AM on 02/10/13
Deborah Remus
Winnipegger
User Info.
The last paragraph gives me some hope after deciding not to get tickets for the Denver show yesterday. Still crossing my fingers for a headlining Canadian tour somewhere down the line.
10:25 AM on 02/10/13
Protested Hero
Jon
User Info.
The Boston show went Will Call only and now I'm screwed out of getting any tickets, if I decided to get any. It's a fine line.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests