AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 44 of 44
05:48 PM on 02/10/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Actually not that excited, which is strange from me because I used to consider myself a huge fan.
06:15 PM on 02/10/13
Quijiba
User Info.
pretty much. I was all about it for the first few weeks because I was just so excited he stopped using that dumb accent
haha this, that accent was god awful
06:18 PM on 02/10/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.
recovery was indeed a solid comeback and a fairly respectable release, but people are being a little enthusiastic about it. we all know, no matter how much we want to deny it, that it doesn't come anywhere close to the first three albums. recovery was mainstream pop rap, through and through. it didn't have any of the bite, or really even the overall flow, that made him so awesome. honestly, i think you guys are doing all of us a disservice by being so optimistic about recovery - you're making em think that what the hardcore fans want is more of this pop rap, and we don't - we just lowered our expectations.. this next one's gonna be more of the same, guaranteed, and it's your fault.

still, this is good news.
This pretty much sums up my feelings about Recovery and the next album, well-put.
06:32 PM on 02/10/13
vivatoto56
Welcome to Christmasland
User Info.
recovery was indeed a solid comeback and a fairly respectable release, but people are being a little enthusiastic about it. we all know, no matter how much we want to deny it, that it doesn't come anywhere close to the first three albums. recovery was mainstream pop rap, through and through. it didn't have any of the bite, or really even the overall flow, that made him so awesome. honestly, i think you guys are doing all of us a disservice by being so optimistic about recovery - you're making em think that what the hardcore fans want is more of this pop rap, and we don't - we just lowered our expectations.. this next one's gonna be more of the same, guaranteed, and it's your fault.

still, this is good news.
What makes you a "hardcore" fan? Not liking an artist's album? Not supporting their artistic vision?
06:44 PM on 02/10/13
BSmittyAu
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This pretty much sums up my feelings about Recovery and the next album, well-put.

Yeah, if there's anything eminem needed to alter it was to change his rap style to a more "pop" friendly style to gain fans and make money. He's never had any success or anything so this totally makes sense.

Bad Meets Evil was awesome. Huge progression from Recovery which was forever ago, so why dont we at least discuss his most recent release. Maybe 1-2 weak tracks out of the 12 or so that came from those recordings.
07:07 PM on 02/10/13
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
What makes you a "hardcore" fan? Not liking an artist's album? Not supporting their artistic vision?
easy there, i just meant people that are passionate about music, as opposed to, for example, bimbos and bros that think love the way you lie is em's best song
07:11 PM on 02/10/13
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
Yeah, if there's anything eminem needed to alter it was to change his rap style to a more "pop" friendly style to gain fans and make money. He's never had any success or anything so this totally makes sense.

Bad Meets Evil was awesome. Huge progression from Recovery which was forever ago, so why dont we at least discuss his most recent release. Maybe 1-2 weak tracks out of the 12 or so that came from those recordings.
never accused him of selling out
07:16 PM on 02/10/13
vivatoto56
Welcome to Christmasland
User Info.
easy there, i just meant people that are passionate about music, as opposed to, for example, bimbos and bros that think love the way you lie is em's best song

Oh, well that makes more sense than what you said. I've never met anyone in my life who thought Recovery was his best album though. I'm sure they're out there and I find that mad, but there shouldn't be anything wrong with enjoying the album.
07:23 PM on 02/10/13
honkytonk
Fedoras, limit 1 per group.
User Info.

I think you missed the point lol
10:14 PM on 02/10/13
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Interested in this
06:55 AM on 02/11/13
guill89
The Proud, The Loud, The Many
User Info.
Really, even after a couple of years there's still no love for Relapse? I think this album is better than Recovery.

Anyways, Em is a beast, can't wait for the new album!
09:35 AM on 02/11/13
Gaugzilla
and one head can never die
User Info.
Or even us Americans (even though I live abroad) who can never remember when holidays like Memorial Day or Labor Day are. Good thing I couldn't care less about Eminem.

10:42 AM on 02/11/13
Uncalled Four
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Yeah that's great for non USA who wouldn't have a clue when Memorial Day is
Right after cinco de mayo and before Thanksgiving ;)
05:03 PM on 02/11/13
OFWGKTA
I'm the #1 Bitch
User Info.
Relapse was amazing. The rhymes were incredible. Listen to Stay Wide Awake.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos