Username
Password
AP.net Related News - Page 88
Displaying posts 1305 - 1312 of 1312.
08:20 AM on 02/11/13
fbrrocks
Registered Member
User Info.
The Grammy's are horrible. They never recognize music outside of the top 40 with the exception of a few small categories here and there (that aren't even shown on the air)

The fact that Halestorm beat Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Iron Maiden and Megadeth in the metal category is just laughable.
is not cuz halestorm rocks and so happy they won
08:30 AM on 02/11/13
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
The Grammy's are horrible. They never recognize music outside of the top 40 with the exception of a few small categories here and there (that aren't even shown on the air)

The fact that Halestorm beat Anthrax, Lamb Of God, Iron Maiden and Megadeth in the metal category is just laughable.
lol I had no idea they won. God, what a joke.
09:11 AM on 02/11/13
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
User Info.
is not cuz halestorm rocks and so happy they won
you must be trollin
09:53 AM on 02/11/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Not to be combative but wouldn't latin jazz be a microgenre of jazz, or heavy metal to rock?

My personal ethos is that whether we are talking about The Ramones, Gaslight Anthem, New Found Glory, All Time Low, Hot Water Music, or The Early November, it's all punk rock to me. I realize a lot of people would disagree though. I just feel like it all has the same "spirit" if that makes any sense. Micro-genres give me a headache, but I don't consider punk to necessarily be a micro-genre, I think it has become a genre in it's own right.
Genres are difficult to define and mostly meaningless given the current state of popular music, let's just leave it at that haha. Think we can both agree there.

Yeah, I mean, I can't say I have a problem with Mumford, but I can definitely see what you mean. I think I gave the record a 7 when it came out and would probably toss it a 6 now, since I've hardly revisited it and it's bored me when I have. I think there are still some really solid songs on there, and I can definitely deal with "I Will Wait" being a popular song in the mainstream, but I would definitely rather have that success go to other, more authentically folk-based musicians. I think The Lumineers do very similar things, but do them a lot better, so I'm glad they're getting some attention as well.

Yeah, I don't know White's albums sound like that. There are definitely some moments on record where that live energy really comes through. Have you ever heard his cover of "Love is Blindness" from the Achtung Baby tribute album that came out in 2011? That shit is amazing.
The Lumineers certainly bug me less than Mumford does, but they still aren't really my thing.

Fair enough. No I have not heard that, I'll check it out.
11:24 AM on 02/11/13
dunkinsdonut
User Info.
The Lumineers will get theirs eventually. Their debut was promising. Glad Fun. won an award.
11:55 AM on 02/11/13
CellarGhosts
Blodtørst
User Info.
If I could never hear that one Lumineers song again for the rest of my life, that'd be great. God what an annoying song.
12:04 PM on 02/11/13
OctoberOrigins
Jack
User Info.
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/984199/thu...ERRY-570.jpg?6

The key picture of the night haha.

Seriously, though, I'm happy to see Fun., Frank Ocean, Skrillex, and Halestorm walk away with awards.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests