Username
Password
Jacks Mannequin News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 25 of 25.
03:52 PM on 02/11/13
Cameronisonfire
I want my toast with butter and jam
User Info.
Damn, a day before the Austin date too. Hope whatever came up has a good ending.
04:05 PM on 02/11/13
ari telescope
kitties
User Info.
That sucks, he just said last night how hyped he is for these upcoming shows. Must be something really bad. Hopefully his family is able to get back up from whatever happened.
04:09 PM on 02/11/13
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
User Info.
who is in his live band? is it the guys from jack's mannequin?
From what I recall, they are musicians he picked and learned most of his songs in the past few weeks. That's all I can remember him saying about them at his show in Lancaster, PA.
04:23 PM on 02/11/13
Markus P Dub
User Info.
Same drummer, bassist, and I think Bob along with a bunch of other dudes. he had a video out a couple weeks back that introduced them all
04:55 PM on 02/11/13
Feenucks
Majority Bones
User Info.
That's unfortunate. This tour could have really given him some good exposure.

My instinctive reaction was to laugh and say something along the lines of "Andrew McMahon doesn't need exposure", but then I took a step back and realized that's probably not true at all. =/

Anyway, I hope everything goes well for his family. Good on him for stepping back. Taking care of the family is much more important than playing a show. Most of his fans will understand. Those who don't are probably not the kind of people who deserve to see him anyway.
06:22 PM on 02/11/13
CavanaughPark
Hey, I'm doing alright.
User Info.
i think it was a bunch of friends, not the guys from JM. don't quote me on that though.

glad i caught him last tuesday. i never got behind JM, but catching up now cause he was stellar live.
Jay (the drummer) and Mikey (the bassist) from Jack's are still with him. not sure about the rest of them.
10:23 PM on 02/11/13
drtomoe123
User Info.
I was seeing him tomorrow :[
Hopefully all will be well.

Wonder who will open now.. STEEL TRAIN!
YES

I'm seeing fun. in Nashville on Saturday and it better be someone good. I'd really kill for them to bring out hellogoodbye, Miniature Tigers, or (!!!) Limbeck, but I know I'll probably be disappointed.
11:57 AM on 02/12/13
duritzfan13
Order inspires disorder
User Info.
who is in his live band? is it the guys from jack's mannequin?

To clear up (because nobody who answered seemed to actually know), Jay and Mikey (drums and bass for JM) are still in it, and there is a new synth player and two new guitarists but as far as I'm concerned they are not permanent and Bobby from JM will be back once he finishes his solo album. That's what I heard..
10:05 AM on 02/13/13
konfusedsoul346
User Info.
Hopefully it's all a lie, and he's recording new SoCo.
We can only hope...
01:20 PM on 03/20/13
robofreak
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The new synth player is Zac Clark from Vermont, who's a heck of a musician in his own right with a few cd's under his belt. His newest is here: http://zacclark.bandcamp.com/album/young-volcanoes

full disclosure: Zac is a friend of mine. i only mention that because he hasn't said how long he's going to be playing with Andrew on tour.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums