Username
Password
Epitaph Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Epitaph Records
Inside AP.net

AP.net Interview: Obey The Brave

Posted by: Jake Denning (02/12/13)
You can check out our interview with Obey The Brave, here.
Everyone in Despised Icon was jumping on a new train, trying something else - trying out the family life, trying out new career opportunities, and I kind of felt pressured at my age nearing 30 to do what the rest of my boys were doing, and so I did; I got an awesome marketing job for a clothing retailer, was working the office job 9 to 5, a steady paycheck and great team, but I wasn't happy because I felt like I was stepping on my own toes with something that I wasn't ready to do. And it really came down to me questioning what I had to do to become happy in life, and the answer was simple - play music. So I quit everything and put everything on the line - stability, security, etc. So I started a new band, called it Obey The Brave, and here we are, and I'm happy I took that chance, because it wasn't necessarily a done deal.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8.
11:10 AM on 02/12/13
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
really great interview. dude seems pretty genuine.
12:36 PM on 02/12/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Great guy, awful music. Seems it's a requirement for Montreal hardcore to totally blow.
10:48 PM on 02/12/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
\m/
12:44 AM on 02/13/13
NickNodirection
User Info.
Great guy, awful music. Seems it's a requirement for Montreal hardcore to totally blow.
Dude isn't that a bit harsh? I mean I kinda feel what you're saying you're just a bit over generalizing... perhaps it's because I'm in a hardcore myself you know heh.
08:07 AM on 02/13/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Dude isn't that a bit harsh? I mean I kinda feel what you're saying you're just a bit over generalizing... perhaps it's because I'm in a hardcore myself you know heh.
Shit I should probably watch what I say when I'm using my real name and stuff haha
I stand by I said. Maybe there are some good bands from here, I don't now. I've actually never heard your band though (I think I have you on facebook)
03:38 PM on 02/15/13
NickNodirection
User Info.
Shit I should probably watch what I say when I'm using my real name and stuff haha
I stand by I said. Maybe there are some good bands from here, I don't now. I've actually never heard your band though (I think I have you on facebook)
You do have me on Facebook, and you were supposed to come to our show with Gallows in November, and we just played with Cancer Bats last tuesday at the Latulipe we have our EP coming out early spring. It's titled the Great White Buffalo. name of the band is NoDirectionHome btw.
03:42 PM on 02/15/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
You do have me on Facebook, and you were supposed to come to our show with Gallows in November, and we just played with Cancer Bats last tuesday at the Latulipe we have our EP coming out early spring. It's titled the Great White Buffalo. name of the band is NoDirectionHome btw.
Ah yes, that's what I thought. I remember the Gallows show, it was the night before a midterm or something, and I decided last minute to stay in or something. I heard the Cancer Bats show was wild though
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests