Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts
12:21 PM on 02/12/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I know this band is well receieved but man I am just not into most Rise signings these days.
01:20 PM on 02/12/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
"These days"? You miss that golden era of the Devil Wears Pradas and Drop Dead, Gorgeouses too, eh?

I'll get crap for this but honestly I do. I remember when Rise was releasing exciting, energetic bands (most heavy) left and right. It was a great time for music. Even the non heavy bands were awesome too (Emarosa, pmtoday, In: Aviate, Tides Of Man). I think until the "wtf" signings started the only two Rise bands I didn't care for were The Years Gone By and Watchout! There's Ghosts.

Most of these new signings are great for bringing diversity but just don't do much for me. Beach Blonde, Bouncing Souls, Dave Hause, Hot water Music, Jealous Sound, Man Overboard, and Cheap Girls are all meh IMO and the few heavy acts have been ok.
01:30 PM on 02/12/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
What about Sharks, TEN, Hands Like Houses, Make Do and Mend, and Transit?

All good bands, though the only one I am crazy about is HLH. The Make Do And Mend album starts out great then fizzles for me. I need to get the Transit and Sharks album still but I'd say I like what I've heard. TEN used to be one of my favorites.
02:00 PM on 02/12/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
i kinda agree with you. And just a side note, Cheap Girls arent on Rise anymore, along with Dream On, Dreamer

Yeah, I saw that on Wikipedia. Wasn't into CG but I love DO,D. Really sad that the clean singer left. Are they on We Are Unified now?
10:19 AM on 02/13/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Lately, all the Rise signing have been awesome punk rock bands!

Not really into punk at all, so those bands aren't noteworthy for me but good for punk fans I suppose.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos