Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 2 posts.
01:28 PM on 02/12/13
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
I'll get crap for this but honestly I do. I remember when Rise was releasing exciting, energetic bands (most heavy) left and right. It was a great time for music. Even the non heavy bands were awesome too (Emarosa, pmtoday, In: Aviate, Tides Of Man). I think until the "wtf" signings started the only two Rise bands I didn't care for were The Years Gone By and Watchout! There's Ghosts.

Most of these new signings are great for bringing diversity but just don't do much for me. Beach Blonde, Bouncing Souls, Dave Hause, Hot water Music, Jealous Sound, Man Overboard, and Cheap Girls are all meh IMO and the few heavy acts have been ok.

What about Sharks, TEN, Hands Like Houses, Make Do and Mend, and Transit?
01:34 PM on 02/12/13
MXP
aka Max Phillips
User Info.
All good bands, though the only one I am crazy about is HLH. The Make Do And Mend album starts out great then fizzles for me. I need to get the Transit and Sharks album still but I'd say I like what I've heard. TEN used to be one of my favorites.
Yeah, the MD&M album does the same for me, but you need to get Sharks and Transit, I love me se Transit, great live band too.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS