See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Please do something on Raw Power
02:43 PM on 02/13/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Please do something on Raw Power
Just barely missed the cut on my list.....might axe something else to make that happen though
02:44 PM on 02/13/13
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Just barely missed the cut on my list.....might axe something else to make that happen though
I feel like that's an essential release for any fan of the alternative/punk genre for sure.
02:54 PM on 02/13/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
I feel like that's an essential release for any fan of the alternative/punk genre for sure.
Yeah...part of my reasoning for omitting it was that I thought a lot of people on this site would have heard it (why I left off London Calling, Damaged, Ramones, and other punk classics) but maybe not.
02:58 PM on 02/13/13
schlotty
See you later, Joben!
User Info.
Yeah...part of my reasoning for omitting it was that I thought a lot of people on this site would have heard it (why I left off London Calling, Damaged, Ramones, and other punk classics) but maybe not.
Yeah that one has always been kind of hit or miss with me.
02:58 PM on 02/13/13
georgedcc
User Info.
You should do lots of features on Bjork. Lots and lots and lots.

I'll never be happy otherwise.
03:12 PM on 02/13/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
You should do lots of features on Bjork. Lots and lots and lots.

I'll never be happy otherwise.
Better idea: You do a guest spot on either Debut, Post, or Homogenic some week.
04:01 PM on 02/13/13
almightykingdom
auri cupiditatem
User Info.
1. I wish I could see the tracklist on my phone

2. I hope more people check this out other than "the usual suspects"

Yerp on the first. Thought I was the only one who couldn't see it. I like this new feature to ap.net
08:27 PM on 02/13/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Haha me either man, but they're convenient for things like this

Whaaaaat that's awesome! Here I was under the impression that no one on this site besides myself and other Chris (cshadows) had ever heard of them.
For what it's worth, I reviewed Mockingbird Time for this very site. Also, it should be noted, Son Volt is my all-time favorite band (no questions asked), so I am absolutely stoked to see Uncle Tupelo getting some love. Truly amazing playlist, but how in the world is Steve Earle not on it?
08:37 PM on 02/13/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
For what it's worth, I reviewed Mockingbird Time for this very site. Also, it should be noted, Son Volt is my all-time favorite band (no questions asked), so I am absolutely stoked to see Uncle Tupelo getting some love. Truly amazing playlist, but how in the world is Steve Earle not on it?
Awesome!

Yeah dude love Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt's first record is amazing. Don't care for them an incredible amount after Trace though I'm afraid.

See I love Steve but I feel like he doesn't have a single album that I can hold up to the same standard as the ones on my half of the list, if that makes any sense. I mean, Guitar Town is a very all-around solid album but I like what he does on later albums such as El Corazon more. But his later albums never really feel like they're unified enough for me to consider them in the same way as some of the things on this list.

Does that make any sense? Probably not haha. In the end, a large part of my answer to anyone's question about why something isn't on there (assuming I like the "something" in question) is gonna be: well you can't have fucking everything. Haha.
09:01 PM on 02/13/13
Gregory Robson
Under Rug Swept
User Info.
Awesome!

Yeah dude love Uncle Tupelo and Son Volt's first record is amazing. Don't care for them an incredible amount after Trace though I'm afraid.

See I love Steve but I feel like he doesn't have a single album that I can hold up to the same standard as the ones on my half of the list, if that makes any sense. I mean, Guitar Town is a very all-around solid album but I like what he does on later albums such as El Corazon more. But his later albums never really feel like they're unified enough for me to consider them in the same way as some of the things on this list.

Does that make any sense? Probably not haha. In the end, a large part of my answer to anyone's question about why something isn't on there (assuming I like the "something" in question) is gonna be: well you can't have fucking everything. Haha.
Just go with Guitar Town the song itself. A freaking classic.

Or since you mentioned El Corazon. What about Telephone Road. Who doesn't hear Telephone Road and not want to shake their ass and drink a beer? Like come on.

And yeah, not many people liked post-Trace Son Volt. But I am a Jay Farrar fanboy until my dying day. Dude writes some killer arrangements and lyrics. And that voice as dry and woody as it is, finds a way into my heart always.
09:04 PM on 02/13/13
Holly HoX!
User Info.
just got around to checking the playlist on my comp. good job, chris.
09:46 PM on 02/13/13
Evolution Kid
Audio Engineer
User Info.
Love the idea behind this new feature. Looking forward to new installments (and the aforementioned spotify version as that's what I use)
11:16 AM on 02/14/13
ChaseTx
Entitled user
User Info.
Just thinking it'd be great to include some classic country with this. A Johnny Cash feature, if that's not too obvious.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS