Username
Password
Video News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video
Inside AP.net

The Civl Wars Post New Song [Video]

Posted by: Jason Tate (02/14/13)
The Civil Wars have posted a song, it's in the replies, which is a collaboration with legendary musician/producer T Bone Burnett for the film "A Place at the Table." The song carries the same title.

Submitted by Scenestorm

Displaying posts 1 - 9 of 9.
11:27 AM on 02/14/13
Jason Tate
User Info.
11:40 AM on 02/14/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
Well, posting a "new" song could be promising for those hoping they haven't broken up.
01:14 PM on 02/14/13
Frinet
run
User Info.
Well, posting a "new" song could be promising for those hoping they haven't broken up.
were there rumors about that? I thought they were just taking a break because she was having a baby.
01:21 PM on 02/14/13
combatchuckaa
blammo!
User Info.
were there rumors about that? I thought they were just taking a break because she was having a baby.

There were a bunch of rumors. I didn't hear she was having a baby but I do know the rumors sprang up after they released a statement that essentially said they weren't going to be doing any touring/recording for some undisclosed amount of time, and it didn't have any explanation with it.
01:35 PM on 02/14/13
MrDelux
User Info.
I read online they broke up for creative differences from the legitimate source of Wikipedia.
01:49 PM on 02/14/13
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
Any new music from them is wonderful. One of the best live bands around today.
08:10 PM on 02/14/13
themakebelieve
still the sky's limit
User Info.
i've been fairly obsessed with the civil wars for a while now....my gathering from the "touring hiatus" is that she is having a baby, and that would keep them from being able to tour for at least the time being...reading between the lines that did not seem to sit well with John Paul...buuuut who knows. they both had solo careers prior to the civil wars, but i would say they are faaarrr better together than apart, im sure they either know that or have been told as much as well. i expect to see their new album out sooner than later (as i have also read that it had been recorded already)...but i guess why release it when they can't tour to promote it? they have quite the following now, and i feel that if they make their comeback later in the year it won't really hurt them, especially with the backing they have now in the industry. thats what selling 500k albums will do for you these days, eh? ;)
08:53 PM on 02/14/13
Cheesus
nope
User Info.
I know Joy's dad. Nobody cares.

Stoked that they might still be together
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives