Username
Password

08:54 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
Telling a person who custom built their PC and is having a hard time getting the OS to install to guy buy a Mac is like telling someone having problems starting their $5,000 Honda Civic to go buy a $25,000 Lexus.
OMG YOU'RE ALIVE
11:14 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
kwsqd
love has torn us apart
Reading, PA
Male - 27 Years Old
Telling a person who custom built their PC and is having a hard time getting the OS to install to guy buy a Mac is like telling someone having problems starting their $5,000 Honda Civic to go buy a $25,000 Lexus.

I like how you chose Lexus and not BMW or Porsche or an expensive car worth buying, that's really a great analogy.
11:25 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
Tralfamadorian
Custom built PC beats any Mac. Also, if you're a gamer than Mac is really a bad choice.
12:16 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
schaft
iESTOY POOPIN!
ZOMGWTFBBQ. Hi Sean.

I like how you chose Lexus and not BMW or Porsche or an expensive car worth buying, that's really a great analogy.
Because I didn't want to make a Mac seem like a BMW or a Porsche. Comparing it to a Lexus is perfect - it's the overpriced Toyota of computers.
12:43 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
Sean Rizzo
Can you see evidence of perfection?
Male - 23 Years Old
Staff Member
ZOMGWTFBBQ. Hi Sean.
If the only reason you started posting again was because of FOB, I might vomit.
05:31 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
Why don't we have a dedicated thread for PC building and modding in like general or something? Probably doesn't fit in personal life but if their is an Apple thread, maybe we should start a PC one.
06:25 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
this boat is obviously sinking
Tralfamadorian
Why don't we have a dedicated thread for PC building and modding in like general or something? Probably doesn't fit in personal life but if their is an Apple thread, maybe we should start a PC one.

Here's one
06:27 PM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
lp670sv
Go Sabres
Buffalo, NY
Male - 22 Years Old
thank you sir, I shall now bump the fuck out of that thread
06:21 PM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
Raniiroro
No Avatar Selected
Spain
Male
マザーズバッグ マークジェイコブス
mcm バックパック
06:38 AM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
EffigyOMA
No Avatar Selected
Rockford, IL
Male - 29 Years Old
I thought about triple booting with one of the OSs being OSX (thus making it a hackintosh) but I prefer AMD CPUs and it takes a lot more work to get OSX working on and AMD chip, since Macs are made pretty exclusively with Intels now.

I usually end up going with AMD because I get a better deal on a mobo compared to a i5 with a similar mobo. i7s are just too expensive for my needs.

My next build I might try to go with a tri-boot. I used to dual boot to win/unbuntu, but I stopped doing that once I started using Windows 7. It's just a matter of scraping together the dough to go full Intel. That's how you win at computers.
06:28 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
xCoconutheadx
Perfectly Imperfect
United States
Female - 20 Years Old

this

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version