Username
Password

07:09 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
So I ordered food from Pizza Hut a few nights ago and the total was $16.98, however I looked at my bank statement today and they charged me $19.98.

I realize it's only $3, but some jackass at Pizza Hut probably added a $3 tip for a carryout order.

Anyone have similar experiences. I've already contacted the Pizza Hut store and am awaiting a response. I would talk to my bank but it seems like too much trouble for $3. I don't even really care about the money, but fuck Pizza Hut and their horrible employees
07:32 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
maybe they charged something twice?

no they definitely added the $3... as a tip or something, I'm not 100% but it was added after the fact. I got an email confirmation with the total on it... and they printed out a CC reciept when I picked up the food and it said $16.98 which I signed and totaled at $16.98... The other $3 was added after
08:31 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It was probably an accidental delivery charge.

It wasn't an accidental delivery charge. I have the receipt. The credit card was run AND THEN I got the receipt. The $3 charge was added AFTER the transaction was finalized. The only way it could have been accidental is if the $3 was a tip on another order and they accidentally added it to my order.

I've worked in all sorts of restaurants from pizza places, to casual fast dining, to black tie fine dining, and I know what happened here. I've seen people do this for years. Most people aren't going to notice a couple extra bucks added to their bill... and if they do notice they're probably not going to say anything... I promise you that if this wasn't accidental (which I'm 80% sure it wasn't) then whoever did it, is doing it to LOTS of other people.

It might only be $3 to me, but I guarantee you that the person running the scam is making a lot more than $3.

I knew a guy that would charge every customer for a soft drink no matter what, but never ring up the drink. He'd pocket over a $100 a day easy. If anyone caught him, he'd just say "Oh I'm sorry I must've charged you for a drink by accident"
09:09 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I'm not necessarily trying to get anyone fired, but I think that it's wrong to let the employee keep taking a few dollars from every person that come in.

It's like in Office Space... Just taking a penny off each transaction and then we'll be rich...
09:14 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
He should call. Doing stuff like that is technically illegal. Tbh; as cruel as it sounds, that kid should lose his job over it.'

edit: I would also contact your credit card company... even though its $3 and seems like extra effort -

I thought about it, but I just got done disputing some other fraudulent charges (over $200 worth that were done out of state, in multiple states) and I don't want to raise any red flags even though I'm not at fault.
09:15 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Reminds me of talk in the minimum wage thread.

I know, right.

Maybe if the kid at Pizza Hut made a living wage he wouldn't feel the need to skim $3 off the top of every order
09:20 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Then I would take your receipt and a copy of your bank statement to the pizza hut and ask to speak to the manager. Show him both and ask what he can do, threaten to involve Credit Card companies and mention that adding tips that weren't originally added is fraud. They should have a copy of your receipt too...

I'm sure they'll be more than able to help you resolve the issue without involving CC companies.

I sent an email to the store manager. We'll see what happens. Since it's only $3, I'm not trying to make too much of a big deal out of it, but I think it'd be wrong to completely ignore it.

Anyone else have any similar stories?
09:41 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
You know, I might very well get ripped off from time to time. I almost never check to see if my bank statement matches my receipt. On the reverse of this, we've ordered food once or twice that for some reason or another we didn't get charged for.

I've just recently starting looking at my statements closer (since the out of state charges)... and hanging onto receipts for a few days to make sure stuff matches. I'm sure I've been ripped off before, but without checking your account constantly, it's almost impossible to catch it... which is what the people running the scam is counting on.

I don't make enough money to not care anymore. I've considered going to cash exclusively, but that's not really realistic at this point so I just check my bank account online everyday and keep all my receipts until they clear my bank
12:55 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Was this an online order or phone call?

online order

If his wage goes up, you'll pay for it anyway, so if you feel this way maybe it's best to just let it go.

If his wage goes up and I'm the one to pay for it fine... at least I will know what I am spending in advance.

To the people who are saying "It's only $3... let it go" - You are what people call a sucker. The people running scams thrive on people "letting it go"

I'm not going to make a huge deal about it. I've sent an email and I'll leave it at that, but to just ignore it when people steal your money, even if it is only $3 is just stupid. If I was working for minimum wage, $3 would equate to half an hour of my life.

Also, think of it like this... What if I had only have $17 in my account and I was planning on spending it on my $16.83 order. As soon as I'm charged $19.83, my account goes into the negative, causing an insufficient fund fee. Do I still just "let it go"
06:25 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It's 3 bucks...and even though it was hypothetical, if you only have 17 dollars in your account you really need to learn how to manage your money better

It was hypothetical but the fact remains that even in a hypothetical situation, the person with $17 in their account should be able to spend $16.83 without fear of being ripped off.

I can't believe that everyone on here is such a pussy about saying something. "It's only $3. Let it go."

Let me ask you this, at what point should you say something. If not $3... $5?... $10?... $20?

I don't care about the $3, but it's still $3 and if it was an honest mistake, then no harm no foul, but if it wasn't an honest mistake, then I could be saving lots of people $3
09:14 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It must be nice to just let $10-$14 go without caring

or $.01-$14.99 going without caring

someone tell me where this guy lives so I can steal $14 for him without repercussion
09:17 AM on 02/16/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I wouldn't call the credit card company...maybe just go to the store and show them the statement. Totally is not worth being on the phone for 35 minutes with a grumpy visa employee and getting that 3 dollars refunded in 8-10 days.

As far as saying "It's not worth it", I totally agree. Hell, I didn't even want to take the trip back up to Pizza Hut, so I just sent an email (to which I'll probably never get a response, so I'll either have to say, "Fuck it" or go to the store again.

I think it's okay to think it's not worth the trouble, but to anyone saying "let it go" because it's ONLY $3... they obviously have more money that they should
08:03 AM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I had an issue with Pizza Hut too. I ordered a Pizza online at around 10:00 (they close at 11) It charged to my credit card, but an hour later no pizza. I called the store and got no answer. The next day I called livid and the store manager said "yeah we stop taking orders for delivery at 10. so we didnt make your pizza" no apology or anything. Then asked if i wanted the pizza delivered that afternoon. When I asked for a refund the guy got really rude about it like i was supposed to know their policy (which is NOT online) I emailed Pizza Hut corporate and still havent heard anything back. This was 3 years ago.

That's ridiculous. You never got your money back or any food? I wouldn't have let that slide
08:13 AM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
The only time I get annoyed in situations like this is when people are jerks about it, and that goes for both the customer complaining and the employee/managers.

Trust me. I'm extremely polite in situations like this. I've worked in numerous food service positions (for nearly a decade) as well as retail... and I know that the customer is not always right. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume that the $3 was added as an accident, but I still think someone should be aware. It could be a computer glitch!?! Idk.

Why are people emailing Pizza Hut? Both of your situations could and would have been resolved if you actually picked up the phone, on your case called corporate.

I realize that this could've been settled pretty quickly with a phone call, but once again I'm being lazy. I kind of agree with you about calling vs. emailing, but by the time I realized what had happened, I was at work and didn't want to take a break to call the store. It was just easier on my part to email them... especially since I could just forward the email confirmation/receipt directly to them. I did get an automated response back saying that the manager would contact me within 3 days (we'll see if that actually happens)... and I did leave my phone number, so if they choose to, I can be contacted that way.

Amateurs. You're supposed to apply coupons and rip off the corporation, not the customers. Looks like I need to get back in the PH game and teach these noobs a thing or two.

Don't be fooled. I used 2 different promos. I got a good deal on the pizza (even at $19.83) but I was still charged more than I should have been. If you have some more tips though as to how to "rip off the corporation" please do share.
06:19 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
i'm pretty sure they meant that the employees are supposed to rip off the corporation instead of customers by applying coupons to orders that customers didn't actually use and then passing the customers "savings" onto themselves.....which is pretty fucking genius.

gotcha. been there, done that

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version