Password

09:02 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
CollectiveConfusion
New York NY
Male - 25 Years Old
Verified
.... "assuming"

I really don't think age should play a factor in this at all. I think if you're old enough to have a job, you're old enough to know the basic difference between right and wrong.

Meh, I guess you're right. I'm just saying if it happened to me I'd just let it go.
09:09 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
I'm not necessarily trying to get anyone fired, but I think that it's wrong to let the employee keep taking a few dollars from every person that come in.

It's like in Office Space... Just taking a penny off each transaction and then we'll be rich...
09:13 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
Reminds me of talk in the minimum wage thread.
09:14 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
He should call. Doing stuff like that is technically illegal. Tbh; as cruel as it sounds, that kid should lose his job over it.'

edit: I would also contact your credit card company... even though its $3 and seems like extra effort -

I thought about it, but I just got done disputing some other fraudulent charges (over $200 worth that were done out of state, in multiple states) and I don't want to raise any red flags even though I'm not at fault.
09:15 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Reminds me of talk in the minimum wage thread.

I know, right.

Maybe if the kid at Pizza Hut made a living wage he wouldn't feel the need to skim $3 off the top of every order
09:16 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
JAPAAAAAN.
Female - 24 Years Old
I thought about it, but I just got done disputing some other fraudulent charges (over $200 worth that were done out of state, in multiple states) and I don't want to raise any red flags even though I'm not at fault.

Then I would take your receipt and a copy of your bank statement to the pizza hut and ask to speak to the manager. Show him both and ask what he can do, threaten to involve Credit Card companies and mention that adding tips that weren't originally added is fraud. They should have a copy of your receipt too...

I'm sure they'll be more than able to help you resolve the issue without involving CC companies.
09:20 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Then I would take your receipt and a copy of your bank statement to the pizza hut and ask to speak to the manager. Show him both and ask what he can do, threaten to involve Credit Card companies and mention that adding tips that weren't originally added is fraud. They should have a copy of your receipt too...

I'm sure they'll be more than able to help you resolve the issue without involving CC companies.

I sent an email to the store manager. We'll see what happens. Since it's only $3, I'm not trying to make too much of a big deal out of it, but I think it'd be wrong to completely ignore it.

Anyone else have any similar stories?
09:25 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
thesinkingship
a fire? at the sea parks!
You know, I might very well get ripped off from time to time. I almost never check to see if my bank statement matches my receipt. On the reverse of this, we've ordered food once or twice that for some reason or another we didn't get charged for.
09:41 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
You know, I might very well get ripped off from time to time. I almost never check to see if my bank statement matches my receipt. On the reverse of this, we've ordered food once or twice that for some reason or another we didn't get charged for.

I've just recently starting looking at my statements closer (since the out of state charges)... and hanging onto receipts for a few days to make sure stuff matches. I'm sure I've been ripped off before, but without checking your account constantly, it's almost impossible to catch it... which is what the people running the scam is counting on.

I don't make enough money to not care anymore. I've considered going to cash exclusively, but that's not really realistic at this point so I just check my bank account online everyday and keep all my receipts until they clear my bank
09:42 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Nardes
Cleveland, OH
Male - 26 Years Old
$3 from every credit card each night adds up pretty quickly!
10:58 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
StephenYoung
dumb
Châteauguay, Quebec
Male - 22 Years Old
When I was working in fast food, I used to 'over charge' everyone by between .05 and .50 cents. The boss refused to give us raises, and once you were 'logged on' to the cash, any shorts would get deducted from your pay, despite some idiot cashiers hopping on your cash and potentially making mistakes while you weren't looking. At the end of the day it adds up to maybe four or five bucks, added with my 15-20 buck tip, and it made my job livable. $3 at once is messed up. The kid probably just messed up the numbers.
11:31 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
steve187
nah
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
damn you should have called the cops. $3 is a huge deal
11:46 AM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
Was this an online order or phone call?
12:48 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Ollie McKraut
Registered Member
Male - 23 Years Old
I know, right.

Maybe if the kid at Pizza Hut made a living wage he wouldn't feel the need to skim $3 off the top of every order

If his wage goes up, you'll pay for it anyway, so if you feel this way maybe it's best to just let it go.
12:55 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Was this an online order or phone call?

online order

If his wage goes up, you'll pay for it anyway, so if you feel this way maybe it's best to just let it go.

If his wage goes up and I'm the one to pay for it fine... at least I will know what I am spending in advance.

To the people who are saying "It's only $3... let it go" - You are what people call a sucker. The people running scams thrive on people "letting it go"

I'm not going to make a huge deal about it. I've sent an email and I'll leave it at that, but to just ignore it when people steal your money, even if it is only $3 is just stupid. If I was working for minimum wage, $3 would equate to half an hour of my life.

Also, think of it like this... What if I had only have $17 in my account and I was planning on spending it on my $16.83 order. As soon as I'm charged $19.83, my account goes into the negative, causing an insufficient fund fee. Do I still just "let it go"

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos