Username
Password

12:06 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
L’Amérique du Nord
Male - 26 Years Old
I thought about it, but I just got done disputing some other fraudulent charges (over $200 worth that were done out of state, in multiple states) and I don't want to raise any red flags even though I'm not at fault.

Off topic but I feel you on this. I've had my credit card number stolen no joke 6-8 times in my life. The total charges ranged from 100-2,000 $ but luckily I've never had to pay. There's a special sanction in Hell for people who steal credit cards.

As for similar stories of being ripped off I can't recall any that are similar to this but I was almost ripped off in Strasbourg, France once. I was near the principal church in the city (marveling at it) and one of those damn Romanis (a young girl and her mom) approached me and asked if I would sign a peition for hosptials for youth or something. I said sure, signed it and then she asked for 20 €. I wasn't aware you had to give money but I guess I felt generous and enlightened or something and got out my wallet. Her daughter then said, "That'll be 30 €" and I was like "what?!?!". I ended up giving just 20 but I should have ran away. I o this day don't know why the hell I gave away that money.
01:12 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
seventwenty3
Boca,Florida
Male - 25 Years Old
You're right to say something, you might not be the only one. Can't let that go on.
02:36 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
Dino Day
For the Glory of Humanity
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
It's my own opinion, $3 isn't a huge deal. Maybe it was a mistake, like an automatic gratuity charge. The only way I would know myself is if this has happened more than once.

But you sure do feel strong about this, so I guess go with your gut and good luck, man.
03:08 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
TorontoMatt
No Avatar Selected
3 dollars is a big fucking deal. I would have been pissed, especially if i went and picked it up. luckily banks usually fix that stuff for you, especially if you used a credit card.

I once called the bank and they contacted the store. the store then had to come up with the receipt where you signed for said price, if they can't, then the total charge comes off your account.

I've only had to do it once years ago. Heck, sometimes i leave a tip and they don't take it, so if something like what happened to you happened to me now I'd let it go just cause I have a surplus of uncollected tips.
04:28 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
It's 3 bucks...and even though it was hypothetical, if you only have 17 dollars in your account you really need to learn how to manage your money better
05:25 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
It's 3 bucks...and even though it was hypothetical, if you only have 17 dollars in your account you really need to learn how to manage your money better

It was hypothetical but the fact remains that even in a hypothetical situation, the person with $17 in their account should be able to spend $16.83 without fear of being ripped off.

I can't believe that everyone on here is such a pussy about saying something. "It's only $3. Let it go."

Let me ask you this, at what point should you say something. If not $3... $5?... $10?... $20?

I don't care about the $3, but it's still $3 and if it was an honest mistake, then no harm no foul, but if it wasn't an honest mistake, then I could be saving lots of people $3
06:29 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
It was hypothetical but the fact remains that even in a hypothetical situation, the person with $17 in their account should be able to spend $16.83 without fear of being ripped off.

I can't believe that everyone on here is such a pussy about saying something. "It's only $3. Let it go."

Let me ask you this, at what point should you say something. If not $3... $5?... $10?... $20?

I don't care about the $3, but it's still $3 and if it was an honest mistake, then no harm no foul, but if it wasn't an honest mistake, then I could be saving lots of people $3

Yeah they should be able to spend it without worrying about getting ripped off, but they shouldn't put themselves in that position in the first place. I would say $15 is my point for caring enough to do anything about it. That's gas for a few days, anything less than that can be made up for with spare change laying around my house.

Nobody on here is a pussy for not complaining about 3 dollars. They simply just don't give a fuck if they lose 3 dollars. That is a large soda, big fucking deal. It really depends on the person though.
06:41 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
sjb2k1
4-3, the kyle orton show
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
that's the sound of the point going right over your head
06:44 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zion the lion
pull over that ass is too fat.
Female - 22 Years Old

Some people (like me) have nothing or next to nothing in their accounts at the end of the month and know how to manage money very well. Don't make an ass out of yourself.
06:54 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
Some people (like me) have nothing or next to nothing in their accounts at the end of the month and know how to manage money very well. Don't make an ass out of yourself.

That shows that you do know how to manage it well. You're not dumb and forcing yourself to go most of the month with that 17 dollars. I made a mistake by not making it more specific, my fucking bad
07:00 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zion the lion
Female - 22 Years Old
That shows that you do know how to manage it well. You're not dumb and forcing yourself to go most of the month with that 17 dollars. I made a mistake by not making it more specific, my fucking bad

I know its hard to believe for some people that other people have to buy more than $150 in medication each month, then have to find a way to pay for medical bills, all while trying to save for food knowing that the food bank only lets you in once a month and provides you with less than a week's worth of food. So yeah your bad, but I'm not holding it against you.
07:00 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
that's the sound of the point going right over your head

I get that he's trying to make sure a bunch of other people don't lose 3 bucks as well, I just don't see it as being such a big deal as almost everyone else does. I have no problem with him doing what he's doing, I just wanted to put my vote into the "it's not a big deal" choice
07:03 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zporter92
Navarre, FL
Male - 22 Years Old
I know its hard to believe for some people that other people have to buy more than $150 in medication each month, then have to find a way to pay for medical bills, all while trying to save for food knowing that the food bank only lets you in once a month and provides you with less than a week's worth of food. So yeah your bad, but I'm not holding it against you.

It's not hard to believe, I have family who do the same thing. I'm obviously not referring to you, since you can make your money last pretty well even with the extra expenses.
07:07 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
zion the lion
Female - 22 Years Old
It's not hard to believe, I have family who do the same thing. I'm obviously not referring to you, since you can make your money last pretty well even with the extra expenses.

True dat.

I'm trying out that saying, I don't know if it works for me or not.
09:05 PM on 02/15/13 
User Info.
ari telescope
kitties
Southern California
Female - 27 Years Old
I thought about it, but I just got done disputing some other fraudulent charges (over $200 worth that were done out of state, in multiple states) and I don't want to raise any red flags even though I'm not at fault.

Good call, you really shouldn't bother the credit card company, when you can take it up with the restaraunt, AND they'lll refund the $3. Let the credit card companies put their time into actual questionable fraud cases.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos