AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
12:17 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I enjoy a lot of these but it's way too soon to talk about all of these albums as classics.
It's a tie-in with our new Decade feature for current classics/10 year tours.
12:21 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Agreed.

I think another band that has the potential to break into the mainstream like Fun. did and become "classic" is Marianas Trench. I have a feeling whatever they have up their sleeves next could be the defining album for them. Especially after their singer hit it big writing Call Me Maybe.

Really think this list is more of a "what albums will ap.net think are classics in 10 years?" In the scheme of things, Some Nights is the only album on this list that your average person in 2020 will have even heard of. That being said, for me personally, War Paint and The Upsides are, and always will be, albums that represent defining moments in my life, so I will remember them for that.
It's certainly a what "our community" will think list, not a mainstream list haha.
12:31 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
Japandroids, Bon Iver, Phoenix, Gaslight Anthem, Young the Giant(?), The National, Frank Turner, Radiohead, My Chem.

Some others off the top of my head that I think have a good shelf life.
Which My Chem record?
12:33 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I was thinking "The Black Parade" ... which I now realize is 7 years old, what the fuck happened to time!?
Haha, exactly. We started the list at 2010. Man, I was only 12 when Black Parade came out?
12:44 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
That album sort of marks when I began to be a "loser" in school. Everyone started moving past liking blink, and I was like, fuck yeah MCR and TBS! "You emo ***" = the most popular way to insult for me about five years
01:53 PM on 02/15/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
i'm digging this thread more than the actual list! haha.

lots of actual conversation and discussion going on.

obligatory
- Gunz mention

That's the whole point :)
05:40 AM on 02/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
How has fun. always been a mainstream pop band? One of the first songs they put out was an exclusive to this site and they used to play tiny shows and support bands like Jack's Mannequin and Panic! at the Disco. Aim and Ignite is hardly mainstream pop.

Same goes for Paramore or FOB. Do you think they're not mainstream?

You can't sell a million records, win two Grammys, and have three songs on the radio and not be mainstream
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests