Username
Password
Property of Zack News - Page 11
Displaying posts 150 - 165 of 190.
06:10 PM on 02/15/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Right, but what's the "number" required to render an album classic in either direction? Is there any point in trying to make an objective statement you can't quantify?
Time sink. At this point I think it does not matter what any of us think. We all have albums will will love 10,20, and even 50 (if we live that long) years from now that is dependent on our own experiences but at the same time when you are bored and on a site about music an excuse to talk about those albums that hold a special place in your heart is always a good waste of time.
06:11 PM on 02/15/13
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
I think some people in this thread are missing that we are talking about classic albums in our scene. Like an Ocean Avenue or a Take This To Your Grave. I feel like if you asked someone off the street how they feel about TTYG they wouldn't have a clue what you were talking about.
Some might know Ocean Avenue though. If you were selective in your age demographic but I digress.
06:22 PM on 02/15/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
To me Handwritten is their clear cut worst. I love every album they have released, but Handwritten bores me so terribly. I was really disappointed because 45 is one of their best songs in my opinion.
I agree with this. Handwritten is one of the most boring records I've ever listened to.
06:23 PM on 02/15/13
ConnorPOZ
User Info.
Some might know Ocean Avenue though. If you were selective in your age demographic but I digress.
I didn't say Ocean Avenue because I would say a lot know that song, but maybe not the entire album. Having the album named after your hit single changes things.
06:27 PM on 02/15/13
StephenYoung
dumb
User Info.
Also in which world did The Front Bottoms blow up? Unless you consider going from basements to headlining 100 cap venues "blowing up"
06:55 PM on 02/15/13
Siren
asdf
User Info.
I'm sure I sound like a broken record but I sti don't get all "The Dangerous Summer" love. Drama aside their music is not good.
I think a lot of people can relate to the lyrics. So much emotion in AJ's voice.

And yes, you do sound like a broken record. I think you posted this same thing in a different thread I read like a week ago.
08:41 PM on 02/15/13
drewbaldy
phaynes1 sucks
User Info.
I think a lot of people can relate to the lyrics. So much emotion in AJ's voice.

And yes, you do sound like a broken record. I think you posted this same thing in a different thread I read like a week ago.

I just don't get it. Oh wellz. To each there own
09:06 PM on 02/15/13
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
Time sink. At this point I think it does not matter what any of us think. We all have albums will will love 10,20, and even 50 (if we live that long) years from now that is dependent on our own experiences but at the same time when you are bored and on a site about music an excuse to talk about those albums that hold a special place in your heart is always a good waste of time.
I guess I just don't understand why people are actually getting up in arms about the quality of a list that cannot even be objectively judged for another number of years - if even then, given the subjectivity of music.
09:10 PM on 02/15/13
racethesun
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Really? Really, Really?

How can a 3rd, 4th rate generation pop punk band be considered a classic? Only on this site.
10:09 PM on 02/15/13
kazuma_ootaro28
User Info.
eh, on most of these. I'd like to think Listen & Forgive will be, around these parts at least. But whatever.
02:31 AM on 02/16/13
deanster321
BLEGH
User Info.
I'm not a fan of theirs by any means but the BMTH album stands a good chance of "being remembered" or whatever. Enough people seem to like it, fans and critics, and they're only getting bigger and bigger. Of course, I'm also speaking from the perspective of someone who's from the same country as them where they're probably bigger and more ubiquitous still.
03:11 AM on 02/16/13
stevieoao
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I think they are trying to pin point the next 'Something To Write Home About' or 'Places That You've Come To Fear The Most' and it's far more about the cult status on the underground scene that these albums could well receive in the future.

Fun. For me are a mainstream pop band and always have been. Good pop but none the less doesnt really make senses amongst the other bands listed.

I can see 'Gospel', 'The Upsides', 'On The Impossible Past' becoming those kind of albums though.
04:06 AM on 02/16/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I think they are trying to pin point the next 'Something To Write Home About' or 'Places That You've Come To Fear The Most' and it's far more about the cult status on the underground scene that these albums could well receive in the future.

Fun. For me are a mainstream pop band and always have been. Good pop but none the less doesnt really make senses amongst the other bands listed.

I can see 'Gospel', 'The Upsides', 'On The Impossible Past' becoming those kind of albums though.
How has fun. always been a mainstream pop band? One of the first songs they put out was an exclusive to this site and they used to play tiny shows and support bands like Jack's Mannequin and Panic! at the Disco. Aim and Ignite is hardly mainstream pop.
05:40 AM on 02/16/13
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
How has fun. always been a mainstream pop band? One of the first songs they put out was an exclusive to this site and they used to play tiny shows and support bands like Jack's Mannequin and Panic! at the Disco. Aim and Ignite is hardly mainstream pop.

Same goes for Paramore or FOB. Do you think they're not mainstream?

You can't sell a million records, win two Grammys, and have three songs on the radio and not be mainstream
05:43 AM on 02/16/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Same goes for Paramore or FOB. Do you think they're not mainstream?

You can't sell a million records, win two Grammys, and have three songs on the radio and not be mainstream
I didn't say they weren't mainstream, I said they haven't always been mainstream.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests