Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 5 posts.
04:33 PM on 02/15/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
Interesting. The only reason I use TPB is for Dubbed anime and audiobooks. Sometimes a movie like Twister or something. A movie I know that wouldn't have a tracker attached to it.
04:34 PM on 02/15/13
SteveD
User Info.
i think sometimes people do things simply because they can.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
04:56 PM on 02/15/13
SteveD
User Info.
my lil bro once downloaded the movie farcry and had to pay like 1,500 dollars
I have had 4 letters sent to my internet service provider before. Luckily no legal action was taken. I'm pretty sure you can do some serious hard time for pirating these days.

I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious. If I like the movie I always buy it. Same with the music I download. I always buy the physical copies of the albums I actually like.

The only reason I download movies is because I'm not paying $15-$20 to see a movie that could, and probabl would, suck. That money could be better spent at my local independent record store. Princeton Record Exchange. They sell used CDs for $1.99. You can't beat that. I have gotten some amazing albums for two bucks. My collection is getting grand.

Needless to say I miss Demonoid. You know you were safe with Demonoid, now it's dog eat dog. I don't know many other decently "safe" torrent sites.

Sorry for the rant.
02:03 PM on 02/16/13
SteveD
User Info.
The last CD store within 30 minutes of where I'm from closed about two weeks ago; I would give anything to have a $1.99 store move in. So jealous.

And this news just tops off a great day for me.

Dude it's like heaven. I have found brand new albums for 1.99. I got the last August Burns red albums for 2 bucks when it came out. It involves some luck but the finds are so worth it.

I also do the hear first, buy later. Unfortunately that is frowned upon. I think that technically even if you own a record and have downloaded a torrent it's still theft somehow as well..

Is it really looked down on? As a musician myself I just want people to listen to the music, I give it out for free, all that matters is that people listen. I used to be semi-against downloading first until I bought the first Four Letter Lie album on a whim. Waste of $15 such a terrible album. I download all my favorite artists before I buy them. I know I will buy the album so it's like an advance. I always buy the record if I enjoy it.

Did you hear about the tall bald dude at PRE?

I have not. What happened?

I'm about 45 minutes from Princeton, but I make that trip so often. That record store is incredible. Never gotten an bad quality used CD there and they always have anything you need on vinyl. All around great place.

I live around 20-30 minutes away as well. The trip is well worth it. The only thing that sucks about it is that there is ZERO parking. Biggest complaint about that place. Well that and the looks I get when I buy a SceneCore Chug album.... I'm not going to pass up a $1.99 deal though.

I too was a Demonoid member. Loved that website. I can't believe it's down for good. Anyways, I use BT Guard and it works. I once downloaded a TV show at my girlfriend's house and she got whacked with a letter. Had to get some sort of protection. For $35 a year, you can download what you want and not have to worry at all.

Demonoid was golden. It will be missed. Hahah you were at your girlfriends house got whacked and used protection! Had to!
02:28 PM on 02/16/13
SteveD
User Info.
Tall bald manager from there raped a chick with special needs.
ohhhhhh shit!

Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums