04:49 PM on 02/15/13
vivatoto56
Nice Try, The Devil
User Info.
Awesome.
04:49 PM on 02/15/13
Jerold Sunga
User Info.
It wouldn't be surprising if they win this, though.
04:51 PM on 02/15/13
Playsw/Squirels
Duckies Rule!!
User Info.
04:54 PM on 02/15/13
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
It wouldn't be surprising if they win this, though.
They kinda have to
04:56 PM on 02/15/13
SteveD
It won't snow where she is going.
User Info.
my lil bro once downloaded the movie farcry and had to pay like 1,500 dollars
I have had 4 letters sent to my internet service provider before. Luckily no legal action was taken. I'm pretty sure you can do some serious hard time for pirating these days.

I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious. If I like the movie I always buy it. Same with the music I download. I always buy the physical copies of the albums I actually like.

The only reason I download movies is because I'm not paying $15-$20 to see a movie that could, and probabl would, suck. That money could be better spent at my local independent record store. Princeton Record Exchange. They sell used CDs for $1.99. You can't beat that. I have gotten some amazing albums for two bucks. My collection is getting grand.

Needless to say I miss Demonoid. You know you were safe with Demonoid, now it's dog eat dog. I don't know many other decently "safe" torrent sites.

Sorry for the rant.
04:56 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
04:58 PM on 02/15/13
sjb2k1
User Info.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
indeed, indeed.

meanwhile that one guy is chllin in thailand until the statute of limitations on his prison time is up, just laughing his ass off.
05:02 PM on 02/15/13
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
05:05 PM on 02/15/13
Kdenisarealboy
As Much of The Sky As Possible
User Info.
I have had 4 letters sent to my internet service provider before. Luckily no legal action was taken. I'm pretty sure you can do some serious hard time for pirating these days.

I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious. If I like the movie I always buy it. Same with the music I download. I always buy the physical copies of the albums I actually like.

The only reason I download movies is because I'm not paying $15-$20 to see a movie that could, and probabl would, suck. That money could be better spent at my local independent record store. Princeton Record Exchange. They sell used CDs for $1.99. You can't beat that. I have gotten some amazing albums for two bucks. My collection is getting grand.

Needless to say I miss Demonoid. You know you were safe with Demonoid, now it's dog eat dog. I don't know many other decently "safe" torrent sites.

Sorry for the rant.
Oh man demonoid was the best. Why did it go down anyways?
05:23 PM on 02/15/13
EvilZeppelin
FUZZZZZZ
User Info.
05:25 PM on 02/15/13
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
05:27 PM on 02/15/13
Joey-Wan Kenobi
fourth and goal
User Info.

Sorry for the rant.

I also do the hear first, buy later. Unfortunately that is frowned upon. I think that technically even if you own a record and have downloaded a torrent it's still theft somehow as well..
05:27 PM on 02/15/13
Dre Okorley
HC Punk Afficionado / @dreokorley
User Info.
I could see one of the PirateBay owners representing himself in court, showing up with a briefcase with their logo on it and saying: "We are outraged by this behavior. People must understand what is right and wrong. Stealing material like this on the internet is a threat to economies worldwide" while trying not to burst out laughing.
05:32 PM on 02/15/13
LastDeclaration
mmm tasty
User Info.
TPB is so far ahead of the authorities in so many ways, it's become absurd.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS