SuNDaYSTaR
[Pull The Trigger]
User Info.
The ultimate case of "lolwut''.
06:18 PM on 02/15/13
Jake Gyllenhaal
An alligator with sunglasses?
User Info.
It's like when Conservative Christian Jerry Falwell sued Larry Flynt/Hustler Magazine for defamation when Hustler published a satirical ad insinuating that Falwell lost his virginity to his mother in an outhouse. Flynt counter-sued with a copyright infringement charge because Falwell copied the ad in his newsletter.
06:35 PM on 02/15/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
06:47 PM on 02/15/13
Archael
listens to good music
User Info.
omg
06:51 PM on 02/15/13
mka12992
polarisamour.bandcamp.com
User Info.
This is awesome. Hahaha.
08:05 PM on 02/15/13
Prae Omnia
User Info.
I have had 4 letters sent to my internet service provider before. Luckily no legal action was taken. I'm pretty sure you can do some serious hard time for pirating these days.

I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious. If I like the movie I always buy it. Same with the music I download. I always buy the physical copies of the albums I actually like.

The only reason I download movies is because I'm not paying $15-$20 to see a movie that could, and probabl would, suck. That money could be better spent at my local independent record store. Princeton Record Exchange. They sell used CDs for $1.99. You can't beat that. I have gotten some amazing albums for two bucks. My collection is getting grand.

Needless to say I miss Demonoid. You know you were safe with Demonoid, now it's dog eat dog. I don't know many other decently "safe" torrent sites.

Sorry for the rant.

The last CD store within 30 minutes of where I'm from closed about two weeks ago; I would give anything to have a $1.99 store move in. So jealous.

And this news just tops off a great day for me.
08:08 PM on 02/15/13
Hail Lelouch
User Info.
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
lol too easy
08:16 PM on 02/15/13
jdr277
I got a lion in my pocket I'm lying
User Info.
I have had 4 letters sent to my internet service provider before. Luckily no legal action was taken. I'm pretty sure you can do some serious hard time for pirating these days.

I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious. If I like the movie I always buy it. Same with the music I download. I always buy the physical copies of the albums I actually like.

The only reason I download movies is because I'm not paying $15-$20 to see a movie that could, and probabl would, suck. That money could be better spent at my local independent record store. Princeton Record Exchange. They sell used CDs for $1.99. You can't beat that. I have gotten some amazing albums for two bucks. My collection is getting grand.

Needless to say I miss Demonoid. You know you were safe with Demonoid, now it's dog eat dog. I don't know many other decently "safe" torrent sites.

Sorry for the rant.
How far is that record store from Atlantic City? I wouldn't mind driving a couple hours to dig through some CD's. I don't have shops like that around here...
08:25 PM on 02/15/13
codeseven
fucked tortured and discarded
User Info.
I am careful when I download though. I read all the comments and don't download something that hasn't been commented on yet. I'm very cautious.

Lol
08:52 PM on 02/15/13
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
User Info.
To quote the first comment on the article:

"That's brilliant. If they rule in favor of The Pirate Bay, the group has to pay. If they rule against them, Pirate Bay gets legal precedent to say that copyrights are invalid."

Check mate.
08:54 PM on 02/15/13
WaveUponWave
Six days no sleep
User Info.
I'd also like to coin the phrase "Lolsuit"
08:58 PM on 02/15/13
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
No words.
08:58 PM on 02/15/13
SkywayTraffic
Skyway Traffic
User Info.
This is a legitimate question for anyone knowledgable about these types of things. I'm only a casual follower of this stuff, but, how is it that these guys can be so ballsy and do things like this and totally get away with it, when that Kim Dotcom dude got himself fucked over by... You know... Not being nearly this ballsy. (Unless maybe he was and I'm just ignorant. Don't remember anything this absurd from him though).

Am I missing something? Are the PirateBay Pirates just fucking legendary and rule the internet/world?
09:42 PM on 02/15/13
circletheworld
Old Fears New Frontiers
User Info.
trolol
09:46 PM on 02/15/13
ChristianLFTW
That's not a nawyf. THAT'S a nawyf.
User Info.
This is a legitimate question for anyone knowledgable about these types of things. I'm only a casual follower of this stuff, but, how is it that these guys can be so ballsy and do things like this and totally get away with it, when that Kim Dotcom dude got himself fucked over by... You know... Not being nearly this ballsy. (Unless maybe he was and I'm just ignorant. Don't remember anything this absurd from him though).

Am I missing something? Are the PirateBay Pirates just fucking legendary and rule the internet/world?
Main reason is that they're from Sweden and infringement laws are different there. They have a whole page dedicated to legal threats they receive and the funny responses they give here. Most of them say just that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos