Username
Password

10:17 PM on 02/17/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
Hudson County, NJ
Male

1:22 and on. Such a low blow to Mr. Vincent Bennett.
07:27 AM on 02/18/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Literally what I came here to post, specifically the "ask your girl...WHA-WHA-WHAT!" spot.

Yeah that's the part I'm going for. Just that whole part from "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you..don't you" part until the end.
12:15 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
the emmure-acacia strain rivalry is one of the dumbest things ever sadly.

I find it funny how Emmure acts so tough by saying the whole band is from Queens when in fact, they're based out of Fairfield Connecticut. The median income of that town is over 100k. Nothing like a few suburban kids trying to act tough.
01:40 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
it's just absurd, I thought the whole thing was really a farce for the bands to get some attention and look "thug".

I'm assuming that's what it was about. Usually after a "fight", those 2 acts tour within 2 or 3 years.
05:04 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Not that I particularly enjoy sticking up for a band like Emmure, but there are ghettos and poorer neighborhoods in every town. Hell, I'm originally from Simi Valley, CA, and I wouldn't discredit someone's "street cred" for hailing from there. Maybe if I knew they came from my neighborhood... I just never understood the "kids from the suburbs can't be tough" thing, and I've lived in enough places to see the differences. Still though, Emmure sucks multiple chodes, so bag on 'em all you want, haha.

I hear what you're saying but if you have to make up that you live in a certain neighborhood to get some "street cred", you might be a poser. I don't care that they're from CT but go with it. Don't lie and say that you're whole band was based out of a tough neighborhood when less than half is from there. It just sounds like Malibu's Most Wanted to me except with tattoos and lyrics about cuckolding. I'll admit I was even a fan of their first album. Just don't act like wannabe tough guys is the message I'm trying to get across.
06:29 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Ah, that totally makes sense. Somehow I missed that they said they were from somewhere else, haha, sorry man. Not that I'm surprised...

All good man. Glad to help expose those frauds! lmao. Can't really laugh at them too much. They have taken over the Victory throne from ADTR and they're still a gigantic band.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos