Username
Password

06:16 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
spadereef
A - K - Q - J - 10
Las Vegas, NV
Male - 28 Years Old
I hear what you're saying but if you have to make up that you live in a certain neighborhood to get some "street cred", you might be a poser. I don't care that they're from CT but go with it. Don't lie and say that you're whole band was based out of a tough neighborhood when less than half is from there. It just sounds like Malibu's Most Wanted to me except with tattoos and lyrics about cuckolding. I'll admit I was even a fan of their first album. Just don't act like wannabe tough guys is the message I'm trying to get across.
Ah, that totally makes sense. Somehow I missed that they said they were from somewhere else, haha, sorry man. Not that I'm surprised...
06:29 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen 701 bands live!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
Ah, that totally makes sense. Somehow I missed that they said they were from somewhere else, haha, sorry man. Not that I'm surprised...

All good man. Glad to help expose those frauds! lmao. Can't really laugh at them too much. They have taken over the Victory throne from ADTR and they're still a gigantic band.
07:24 PM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
NEVERGIVEUP
Male - 21 Years Old
Personally its tends to annoy me. It feels like its pandering for indie cred. Like "I'm too cool to be on a label". Given the math in the lyrics is wrong (If they get a third of the merch they make on the road, and then the manager gets 20% and booking agent gets 10%, that leaves them with around 21% pretax. Well more than 7% (to split) after taxes (unless he somehow stumbled into a 70% tax bracket)), I'm sure he embellished other parts of the song as well. Meaning the whole point of the song is completely lost as its no longer an accurate portrayal. Just "Hey guyz do you dislike big companies????"

Just shut up and make good music. No one should care what label you're on.

Record this with a melody. Post it here. I like you.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos