Username
Password

09:21 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Can you put that into context? How many teams in the league, how many keepers, how long can you keep, etc?
11:29 AM on 02/26/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
10 team league, standard 5x5 scoring, $260 budget. We start all 8 field positions, plus an IF slot, a 4th OF slot, and a UTIL.

We can keep up to 12 guys, and a guy can be kept a total of 3 times in a row, regardless of if he was traded to you or if he was dropped mid year and you picked him up. Drafting a guy in the first season counted as a "keep", and I drafted Cano, so this will be the last year he can be kept. They see a 10% premium increase per year, and we round up any decimals. So for example Matt Moore will cost $7 to keep this year, and $8 to keep next year.

Both Matt Moore and Goldschmidt have only been kept once so far, so I'll be able to keep both of them for this season and next season.

As of right now, my most expensive possible keepers are Hamels and Kershaw, at $31 and $24 respectively. I may also try to trade Hamels, get another young cheap good bat back, and then keep Darvish at $24.

I'd do that deal then I think. 2 years of two young and improving players at good salaries. Cano is obviously elite, but you can only keep him for 1 more year and he will cost a ton. Use that extra $28 to get another elite player in the draft.
11:58 AM on 03/02/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Anyone have interest in joining a new dynasty league? We have 10 right now but would like to get 2 more to make it a 12 team league. It's an auction league, 15 keepers per year, 5 x 5 H2H (HR, RBI, R, SB and OBP) (ERA, WHIP, S, QS and K/9). $20 buy in
11:24 AM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
I have a brand new 12 team mixed dynasty league drafting on Thursday. I got the 6th pick. Too early to grab Harper?
04:00 PM on 03/19/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Depends in part on how confident you are in the league actually continuing past one year.

Confident. They're all personal friends or friends of friends that I've been in other leagues with for a long time.
06:22 PM on 03/22/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
How important is starting pitching and closers in a league?

Really depends on settings and league depth, but generally I like to wait on pitching unless something falls into my lap unexpectedly.
09:46 PM on 03/24/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Would
longoria/j.shield or Rizzo/I.Kennedy
For
Lee/b.hamilton

Be better?

Also got offered laRoche and Hanson or Lee by that last guy again..but still trying to ripoff the new guy I think. Lol

Good lord, no. Do not do that last trade.

I assume B. Hamilton is Billy? If so, yes I would do either of those first 2 trades, but preferably the Longoria one, even though I'm not big on Shields this season. Billy Hamilton will have virtually no value this year.
04:59 AM on 03/27/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Got offered Doug Fister for Matt Harvey. Should I pull the trigger?

I think most people would say yes, but I wouldn't. I really like Harvey and feel like he is being undervalued this year.
06:55 AM on 03/28/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
I don't even think Carlos Lee is draftable

I'm pretty sure he isn't even in the league...I think he is talking about Cliff Lee
11:17 AM on 03/29/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
I'd actually prefer Ichiro in the context of your team. Try to trade Revere to someone in need of steals though. I bet you could get something for him
02:48 PM on 04/24/13 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 27 Years Old
Probably hate me by now because I have been quoting you so much, but:

I give Harvey, get Price?

also could:

Give Harvey/Utley (have pedroia/zobrist) and get Trumbo(prob could get Choo, but need some power) and Price?

edit: did the Harvey for Price, but still not sure if I wanna give up Utley for Trumbo... OBP league. Could prob get Agon/Headley/Nelly Cruz for Utley instead... haha

Man, I love Harvey as much as anyone but I think that was a deal you had to make.

I would definitely get Agonz for Utley if I could. Headley too, especially considering its an OBP league. Cruz and Trumbo I could go either way on depending on what you need I guess.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos