All Posts by User
Displaying user's 6 posts.
04:34 PM on 02/18/13
Chris Collum
No dumbass dove in my dumbass brain
User Info.
Wow. Great review Chris.
Haha thanks man! It's quite long, I expect no one to read it

A+ avatar btw, I spent about 4 hrs last night reminding myself how awesome Godspeed are
06:21 PM on 02/18/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Nice work. My favorite part of the movie was listening to Tommy Ramone discuss Tim. I was surprised that he played one of their signature solos on "Kiss me on the Bus."
I know right?
06:51 AM on 02/19/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
good review, man.

i got about halfway into this film. then i couldn't go any further. i was just dying to hear clips from The 'Mats and/or footage of 'em, to give context to what the interviewees were talking about. haha. i mean, i was already familiar with what they alluded to, but still - maybe i'm so used to that typical format of band/music documentaries. or maybe it's just super hard to not listen to The Replacements whenever prolong conversations about 'em take place.

i'll try and finish it sometime. i did enjoy the bits of insight each person offered.
Thanks Kirbie! Yeah man I totally understand what you said about the format of the film, but I did manage to muscle through and found it pretty rewarding in the end. It is an interesting take on the "rock doc" genre for sure.
11:32 AM on 02/20/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Great review. My only issue was with some of the amateurish production quality, and I could have gone for more insight into specific album production/impact rather than groupies recounting their romantic exploits with Tommy. Will you be reviewing the Songs for Slim EP?
Haha I would love to if I it ever surfaces
06:25 PM on 03/04/13
Chris Collum
User Info.
Anyone who enjoyed this should a.) keep an eye on tomorrow's My Back Pages and b.) look out for my thoughts on the EP coming later this week
Options
More From This Author

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS