Username
Password
Video Games News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Video Games
Inside AP.net

No More Rock Band Songs in April

Posted by: Drew Beringer (02/18/13)
Rock Band developers have announced there will be no new Rock Band songs after April.

Submitted by Gaugzilla

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 70
11:02 PM on 02/18/13
Beej 347
twitter.com/billrepublic
User Info.
Bummer...psyche
11:02 PM on 02/18/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
I never play this game anymore but I was hoping for a couple new found glory songs before they stop production
11:03 PM on 02/18/13
jjnunn118
Starship Renegade
User Info.
Obligatory "They were still making them?" post
11:03 PM on 02/18/13
Lawliet
I have learned to love the lie
User Info.
11:04 PM on 02/18/13
tyler2tall147
Awesome
User Info.
Damn. Seemed like every time i played this, couple times a year, I'd end up buying a bunch of new pop punk songs.
11:05 PM on 02/18/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I never play this game anymore but I was hoping for a couple new found glory songs before they stop production
Or, ya know, you could pick up an actual guitar and learn almost every NFG song in about six months. I realize I sound like a dick. I just never got the point of these games. If it's your thing, it's cool.
11:07 PM on 02/18/13
randys950
@randys950
User Info.
Or, ya know, you could pick up an actual guitar and learn almost every NFG song in about six months. I realize I sound like a dick. I just never got the point of these games. If it's your thing, it's cool.
I suck at music, and know nothing about notes, chords, how to read music, I'm basically tone deaf. when I was younger I used rockband to roleplay my dreams of being in a big band.

edit: yeah I sound like a ridiculously big loser I know lol
11:09 PM on 02/18/13
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
just really not even close to the point haha
11:35 PM on 02/18/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
I suck at music, and know nothing about notes, chords, how to read music, I'm basically tone deaf. when I was younger I used rockband to roleplay my dreams of being in a big band.

edit: yeah I sound like a ridiculously big loser I know lol
Honestly, I don't think that sounds like a loser at all. I do tons of weird gaming shit and have spent countless dollars on expanded gaming content. Uh, I'm much more proud of my life story in the Sims than I am of my own life. Like I said, if that's your thing, it's cool. I just couldn't fathom how one could prefer the video game to the real thing, but I suppose in your case it's reasonable. But honestly, these games felt so repetitive the few times I've played them. The way the songs were graphed made no sense to me, structurally. I recommend a game called Rocksmith if you haven't got up on that. I'm going to assume you don't have a guitar since you said you suck at music but if you ever luck into one, check that shit out. I can definitely vouch that it's a solid way to learn the instrument.
11:38 PM on 02/18/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
just really not even close to the point haha
I suppose not, but like I said before, these games pissed me off because they made no sense in regards to the structure of the song that's being played. I will say that it's perfect for developing coordination between your left and right hands which is 70% of being good at any instrument.
11:42 PM on 02/18/13
Adrian Villagomez
The Sword the Anvil the Stone
User Info.
I still <3 Rock Band.
11:45 PM on 02/18/13
ZeoVGM
PINK WIG, THICK ASS.
User Info.

The genre has been dead for a couple years ago and there are still people spouting this crap?

Alright, I'll be back. Gonna go to the local pond and jump on some turtles.
11:53 PM on 02/18/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
The genre has been dead for a couple years ago and there are still people spouting this crap?

Alright, I'll be back. Gonna go to the local pond and jump on some turtles.
I'm sorry, I, honestly, do not get the appeal at all. Which is weird. I love games that allow people to role play and all that. I'm into Sims, I buy Madden and NBA 2K games almost exclusively to create an athletic version of myself and build up my character. But these games are just so damn repetitive.
12:30 AM on 02/19/13
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
End of an era, man.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music