AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Video Games News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 70.
12:39 AM on 02/19/13
Passion Man
User Info.
This game rules hard. Too bad. Not enough demand?
12:40 AM on 02/19/13
DeviateRogue
Valar Morghulis
User Info.
I just started playing my Rock Band 3 again too, it'd be great if they didn't stop production of the damn drumsets, hard to find those suckers now. But I'm interested to see where the rhythm game genre is going from here, not really into Dance Central or any of that stuff.
01:33 AM on 02/19/13
JayDanielHammer
solidkneeplus.tumblr.com
User Info.
The genre has been dead for a couple years ago and there are still people spouting this crap?

Alright, I'll be back. Gonna go to the local pond and jump on some turtles.
Don't care what you said but I just wanted to add:

GIVE EM WHIPLASH I THINK BIG GET CASH
01:39 AM on 02/19/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
I'm sorry, I, honestly, do not get the appeal at all. Which is weird. I love games that allow people to role play and all that. I'm into Sims, I buy Madden and NBA 2K games almost exclusively to create an athletic version of myself and build up my character. But these games are just so damn repetitive.

And the sport sim games aren't repetitive? I'm a big gamer of all genres and I love/d the Guitar Hero and Rockband games. Now I'm probably going to sound like a dick but you sound like all my musician fans that would come around and have a go at those games. "Uh, this is nothing like the real instrument!" "Why would you play this and not just learn the real thing?"
It's a VIDEO GAME! Played for fun and enjoyment and as another member posted people who just couldn't ever get the knack for the real thing could fantasize whilst playing. Sorry for the rant but people with your view/opinion on the games just bug me. I will agree with you on Rocksmith though, I was lucky enough to get one of the rare guitar packs and have learnt quite a bit since I started it!
02:32 AM on 02/19/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
And the sport sim games aren't repetitive? I'm a big gamer of all genres and I love/d the Guitar Hero and Rockband games. Now I'm probably going to sound like a dick but you sound like all my musician fans that would come around and have a go at those games. "Uh, this is nothing like the real instrument!" "Why would you play this and not just learn the real thing?"
It's a VIDEO GAME! Played for fun and enjoyment and as another member posted people who just couldn't ever get the knack for the real thing could fantasize whilst playing. Sorry for the rant but people with your view/opinion on the games just bug me. I will agree with you on Rocksmith though, I was lucky enough to get one of the rare guitar packs and have learnt quite a bit since I started it!

Sports and sims games can be repetitive, definitely. All games get repetitive to some degree. But with sports and.sims and other games, it just doesn't happen as quick. Sports games generally have a different outcome each time you play them if you play them right and with sims games, there are so many things to build and create and design and mod - it's seemingly endless. With Rock band/guitar hero it almost felt like you played one song, you've practically played them all. Some would get difficult but at the end of the day, you're still pressing the same 5 buttons. I don't mean to sound like the pretentious, elitist guitarist. I'm not even that great of an guitarist. In fact, I think it's totally wrong to even compare a game like rock band to playing an actual guitar. They are two separate concepts and entities and I think it's unfair to both sides to compare the two. I'm not trying to say an actual guitar is better than a video game, that's silly. That's like saying riding an actual bike is better than riding a stationary. It makes no sense. Although, yes, I'd much rather play an actual guitar; for me, it's more rewarding. Some may not have that privilege and I understand. I'm saying that as a game on their own, the rock band and guitar hero type games are boring and stale to me. I think I'm allowed to believe that
02:46 AM on 02/19/13
Raku
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm just going to ignore this debate =P

Anyway, there will still be RBN songs available as DLC. They will just be Xbox 360 exclusive because Harmonix won't be porting the RBN songs to PS3 anymore.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showt...=1#post4986357
04:10 AM on 02/19/13
AussieBoy
User Info.
On the video game topic

Is it possible to revive a 360 from ring of death?

Mine shit it self yesterday after owning nba2k13 for 2days.

Shattered
04:21 AM on 02/19/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
Sports and sims games can be repetitive, definitely. All games get repetitive to some degree. But with sports and.sims and other games, it just doesn't happen as quick. Sports games generally have a different outcome each time you play them if you play them right and with sims games, there are so many things to build and create and design and mod - it's seemingly endless. With Rock band/guitar hero it almost felt like you played one song, you've practically played them all. Some would get difficult but at the end of the day, you're still pressing the same 5 buttons. I don't mean to sound like the pretentious, elitist guitarist. I'm not even that great of an guitarist. In fact, I think it's totally wrong to even compare a game like rock band to playing an actual guitar. They are two separate concepts and entities and I think it's unfair to both sides to compare the two. I'm not trying to say an actual guitar is better than a video game, that's silly. That's like saying riding an actual bike is better than riding a stationary. It makes no sense. Although, yes, I'd much rather play an actual guitar; for me, it's more rewarding. Some may not have that privilege and I understand. I'm saying that as a game on their own, the rock band and guitar hero type games are boring and stale to me. I think I'm allowed to believe

Like I said I am a pretty big gamer, I know about the variety in sports and sims games. Look at it like this though, pressing the same five buttons on a guitar controller is not much different to pressing the same four to six on a Gamepad. And each song not only can get harder but also require different variations of all the buttons and features on the guitar controls. And if it's totally wrong to compare GH/RB to a real guitar why did you say you can't fathom how people can enjoy these games compared to the real thing? Is that not comparing them?😝
04:22 AM on 02/19/13
Drewmosabi
User Info.
On the video game topic

Is it possible to revive a 360 from ring of death?

Mine shit it self yesterday after owning nba2k13 for 2days.

Shattered

What kind of model is it?
04:29 AM on 02/19/13
Amongster
Still On The Sand
User Info.
I'm amazed this didn't happen in 2010.
04:32 AM on 02/19/13
DevinDomino
FUCKyeah
User Info.
Like I said I am a pretty big gamer, I know about the variety in sports and sims games. Look at it like this though, pressing the same five buttons on a guitar controller is not much different to pressing the same four to six on a Gamepad. And each song not only can get harder but also require different variations of all the buttons and features on the guitar controls. And if it's totally wrong to compare GH/RB to a real guitar why did you say you can't fathom how people can enjoy these games compared to the real thing? Is that not comparing them?😝
Still just feels repetitive. Those games just aren't my thing. Haha I suppose I fucked up there. I should have said that I personally prefer the real thing to a game and that's why I can't see why someone would take the game over the real thing. I mean, if I were a professional football player, I'd probably hate Madden for the same reason - it's really unrealistic.
05:39 AM on 02/19/13
CTRL+ALT+DANCE
User Info.
funny, don't really wanna bring up race but i never knew any white people who had Rock Band. All my friend were more into rap at the time and Rock Band brought them into my world. haha we would have Rock Band parties and jam all night.
05:51 AM on 02/19/13
iden22
close call
User Info.
These games introduced to more music than I imagined. It's impressive that they continued licensing and pumping out songs this far out after the market became oversaturated years ago.
06:08 AM on 02/19/13
therookielot
the shape of punk just came
User Info.
Bummer. I remember showing my nephew Sowing Season on Guitar Hero 5 and he always played it. He said Brand New was his favorite band because they were "Uncle Kenny's favorite"
06:30 AM on 02/19/13
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I tried getting back into RB/GH a few months ago but I couldn't.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests