GrantCloud
User Info.
Always the center of alcohol fueled nights
06:49 AM on 02/19/13
Nolessthanblink
Are you watching closely?
User Info.
On the video game topic

Is it possible to revive a 360 from ring of death?

Mine shit it self yesterday after owning nba2k13 for 2days.

Shattered

When I had my white one back in college, I "fixed" it by wrapping it in a towel, turning it on for 20 minutes. Turn it off, unwrap it, and turn it back on, and it worked for me (for several months before finally dying a horrible death), but by that point I'd saved oney to buy another.
06:54 AM on 02/19/13
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
:(
06:59 AM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
I will always hate RB because years ago my sister snuck into my 360 and played a borrowed copy of Rock band with it. She got one achievement on it so with no way to delete it, my achievement list will always say 5/1000 >:I
07:06 AM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
Like I said I am a pretty big gamer, I know about the variety in sports and sims games. Look at it like this though, pressing the same five buttons on a guitar controller is not much different to pressing the same four to six on a Gamepad. And each song not only can get harder but also require different variations of all the buttons and features on the guitar controls. And if it's totally wrong to compare GH/RB to a real guitar why did you say you can't fathom how people can enjoy these games compared to the real thing? Is that not comparing them?😝

I don't care for music sims but I agree with you here. If I was talking to someone and they said they were a gamer but just played sports games I would have nothing to talk about. I know I'll get crap for this, but I don't see sports games as real video games. They're more just a simulation. There's no innovation, no creativity and have always seemed pointless to me. At least with Rock band there is an art style and creativity. Yet there are all these suckers who year after year pay 60 clams for a "new" madden it whatever. People always berated me with "there are so many final fantasies!" but they don't get that every single one of them is a uniquely designed game that is unsimilar to other entries.
07:10 AM on 02/19/13
seventwenty3
User Info.
I used to play this, but also play actual instruments just like I play racing games and actually race and play sports game and actually go out and play them. I think the appeal of all these games is being able to do them on the highest level which isn't possible for most of the population.
07:39 AM on 02/19/13
Fox83
User Info.
I still use Rock Band so my drummer friend can read the charts while playing his actual drum set. He's a great drummer but oddly enough can only READ music when it's in Rock Band.

So, needless to say, I use Rock Band's releases quite frequently.
07:46 AM on 02/19/13
johnnyferris
Inside of your heart always
User Info.
I was only into Rock Band when I only had my PS2 so I was never able to get any of the DLC which was a huge bummer for me. They had those 20 song discs, but those really didn't interest me.
07:49 AM on 02/19/13
Rysker6
I am not Tom Delonge
User Info.
Never really got into this game, but I remember when my friends were obsessed with it.
08:11 AM on 02/19/13
1993mic
User Info.
That's a bummer... I still play that game regularly and was always happily waiting for new DLC announcements on Friday! Still, I'm not surprised since the DLC production was slowing down lately. Five and a half years of constant weekly DLC is still quite impressive!
08:37 AM on 02/19/13
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
User Info.
How the mighty have fallen. I don't play Rock Band hardly at all anymore (or any games, for that matter), but I like knowing it's there if the mood strikes me and my friends on a drunken Friday/Saturday night.

FYI to 360 users: Harmonix says Rock Band Network will still live on for you guys, so you'll still be able to get new songs.
08:48 AM on 02/19/13
DaveFeelsRight
it's still real to me dammit
User Info.
NEW CONSOLES

x
09:12 AM on 02/19/13
Ohaidere
User Info.
Wait, god exists? He answered my prayers!
09:30 AM on 02/19/13
SingleDoubt
Strangers on this road we are on...
User Info.
I still love the shit outta Rock Band. I check every week hoping that they've posted some Brand New or Gaslight Anthem DLC but it never comes... Hopefully they get some good tracks out before they call it quits.

Wait, god exists? He answered my prayers!

Wow, you hate Rock Band THAT much? It's not like it's being shoved down your throat, I feel like it would be much easier to just ignore it.
09:31 AM on 02/19/13
WeltallAY
User Info.
On the video game topic

Is it possible to revive a 360 from ring of death?

Mine shit it self yesterday after owning nba2k13 for 2days.

Shattered

There are a few ways you can fix it yourself. One of the more popular methods involved buying a kit from Amazon. Do you have a white one? Depending on how big a gamer you are it is likely more worth it to just buy the new black one or make do until the new Xbox comes out.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests