Username
Password

02:27 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
Your silence does not protect you
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
I totally get that though. It sucks when your coworkers are lazy and the people above you who should be saying something aren't. Everybody has a breaking point. Unless your job is awesome, nobody really wants to be there. Heck, I like my job and there are some days where I'd rather not be there, but I still work. Being miserable and slacking off won't change your job. Might as well make the most of it if you can. I cannot with some peoples' attitudes. Maybe it's just because it took me so long to even find a minimum wage job, but idg how some people can be so ungrateful.
10:43 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
I was the employee who was always having to pick up the slack because my supervisors/managers were always dicking around with each other/my coworkers, all while I got paid significantly less than them. So yeah, that shit sucks. Those type of minimum wage jobs are almost always shit. Only thing I can say is to work towards getting a better job, if you aren't already.
10:43 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
herestoyoufla
Still starin' down the sun
FL
Male - 23 Years Old
i've never really had a job where i had a boss. But if I were getting paid between 8-30 dollars an hour, you better believe I'm putting in minimal effort. lifes too short
$30 an hour doesn't seem that bad...
10:45 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
i've never really had a job where i had a boss. But if I were getting paid between 8-30 dollars an hour, you better believe I'm putting in minimal effort. lifes too short
$30 per hour is plenty of money... my parents have been supporting my family of 6 on that for years and it's always been more than enough.
10:48 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
tommydervan
Memphis
Male - 25 Years Old
Welcome to life. It sucks.

It doesn't have to... its really all on how you view things and what you do in reaction...
10:48 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
abbysmith
Que será será
Boston, MA
Female - 20 Years Old
nope. I have told my boss multiple times about people not doing their work and she just shrugs her shoulders. Last week one of the employee's was like "I have been her for 5 hours and I stilll have dishes to do can I leave?" and she said "sure I'll doo them"

I mean really?

he's just gonna pull that shit all the time now

This shit is pretty common I feel like. My manager at my old job played favorites really bad and it was a disaster. People would try to write others up and she would just throw it out because she liked them and didn't want them to get in trouble, yet she wrote me up for stuff that was way less serious. I was (not bragging) one of the hardest workers there and I had more write-ups than my coworkers, simply because she liked them better. It's unfair, but that's often how it works.
10:50 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
not worried i'll lose my job

the problem is my boss(the store manager) lets these guys get away with it and since I always close, all the work that wasn't done falls on me, and my crew when we already have our own stuff to do!

and when my crew is being lazy I end up having to do 6 different jobs, because they have no incentive to work. I can write them up but nothing will happen

nope. I have told my boss multiple times about people not doing their work and she just shrugs her shoulders. Last week one of the employee's was like "I have been her for 5 hours and I stilll have dishes to do can I leave?" and she said "sure I'll doo them"

I mean really?

he's just gonna pull that shit all the time now

So, what's your incentive to work? You say you're not afraid of losing your job... the other people who don't work, have no consequences... the boss just shrugs her shoulders when you address the issue...

If I were you, I'd stop worrying about what the other employees are doing/not doing... Why don't you just tell the other employees what they should be doing and if they don't do it, rather than picking up the slack, just let it fall to the way side... if your boss has a problem with it, just shrug
11:13 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
Now that I think of it, I think pretty much anyone I've known who works min. wage in fast food or something like that, has been in that position. If you're a good worker, you get taken advantage of. Instead of making everyone else around you put in the same effort, they want you to work longer and longer hours to help pick up the slack, often off the clock. It sucks. They pretty much bleed them dry until the good employee either quits or becomes miserable and doesn't want to put in as much effort. It's a good way to kill an employee's spirit imo
11:27 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Tony
Fuckface Extraordinaire
Seattle
Male
Find a new job. Life's too short...
11:34 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
suicidesaints
A Million F@$% Diamonds
Dallas
Male - 31 Years Old
Now that I think of it, I think pretty much anyone I've known who works min. wage in fast food or something like that, has been in that position. If you're a good worker, you get taken advantage of. Instead of making everyone else around you put in the same effort, they want you to work longer and longer hours to help pick up the slack, often off the clock. It sucks. They pretty much bleed them dry until the good employee either quits or becomes miserable and doesn't want to put in as much effort. It's a good way to kill an employee's spirit imo

It's actually this way in most jobs. Even higher paying positions. If you are a hard worker who does a good job, then you are going to be asked to take on more and more responsibility... The only thing you can really do is continue to ask for more money every time you are asked to take on a new responsibility, but that really only goes so far... It's the rat race... you could try working for yourself, but it's hard to get something like that started
02:13 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
If I was a boss I would legit be a dick to my employees. What did they ever do for me?
02:14 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
allthewaysaid
Have a feeling I'll die in my20s...
Texas
Male - 23 Years Old
Also, so many sexual harrasment lawsuits would be filed against me.
02:48 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kianacarly
PNW
Female - 22 Years Old
It's actually this way in most jobs. Even higher paying positions. If you are a hard worker who does a good job, then you are going to be asked to take on more and more responsibility... The only thing you can really do is continue to ask for more money every time you are asked to take on a new responsibility, but that really only goes so far... It's the rat race... you could try working for yourself, but it's hard to get something like that started

Probably. I think there are some genuinely nice bosses out there who value good workers and treat them well, but I wish more could see the benefits. Personally, every one I've known in fast food has hated it for the reasons I mentioned. I've never worked in fast food so idk. I'm sure that it happens in many different places, but it's still frustrating and wrong imo. Especially when it comes to something like fast food where the employees are often interacting with customers, idk why they'd want them to be so miserable. I've seen so many people screwed over. I just don't get why bosses see that, yeah it may save them some money, but it will ultimately break down the few good employees that are actually there, and they'll be left with the awful ones.

My company does employee appreciation banquets, does raffles pretty often where you can win sports/concert/events tickets, actual perks to being employee of the month, yearly bonus checks for every employee (as long as they've been there for over a month), etc. As a result, most employees have a good attitude and actually want to participate and help out. Sure, there are still a few bad apples, but for the most part I think it really benefits the customers and the business. When employees don't hate their jobs and their lives, they do their jobs better. I just get so frustrated sometimes at sucky bosses haha.

/huge rant
05:58 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
Jake Gyllenhaal
Sit on Santa's lap
Connecticut
Male
i'm a shift leader at my job and I work with some damn lazy people. I end up having to do their jobs, because they slack off. well last night I lost it. I started screaming about how "I would fire everyone and how everyone here is lazy and how you just wanna make your money and leave! YOU GOTTA HELP OUT!!!! " Needless to say my co workers were upset with me, but I spoke the truth

I hate when people are lazy and last night they were very lazy so I just went off!

You sound like CEO Maurice "Morry" Taylor, who called out the entire French labor force for being too lazy at their jobs.
06:25 PM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
xCoconutheadx
Perfectly Imperfect
United States
Female - 21 Years Old
Its time they knew whose boss.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music