Username
Password
Road Runner Records News - Page 5
Displaying posts 60 - 75 of 75.
06:28 AM on 02/20/13
Stouffs
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is all i really came here to say. Don't really care about the roadrunner part
Totally agree. Roadrunner literally means nothing these days. Maybe when they had a staff of 200/300 but now that it's Monty and 4 others, it really doesn't mean much.
Prada already had all the distro they needed, i guess they'll get more press but Prada doesn't strike me as a group who'll change their sound because of their label.
07:57 AM on 02/20/13
low_rising
Registered Member
User Info.
Wasn't aware he had a book out, but was glad I found out about. Contemplating getting it.
yea they talked about it in the same article linked about the new album.
11:21 AM on 02/20/13
the_mango
User Info.
Plagues, DL, Zombies, and especially With Roots. I can see and appreciate that they made a more "mature" metal album but it had zero lasting power for me due to Mike's scream regressing to a one tone bore and most of it sounding rather typical.
I'm fairly confident this was largely due to Jeremy McKinnon's work on vocal production.
11:37 AM on 02/20/13
IdiotFlight
User Info.
yea they talked about it in the same article linked about the new album.
Thank you for bringing that to my attention.
11:38 AM on 02/20/13
IdiotFlight
User Info.
I'm fairly confident this was largely due to Jeremy McKinnon's work on vocal production.
This was would make soooooo much sense.
12:25 PM on 02/20/13
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.

I hope so. I like ADTR but Jeremy is infamous for being mediocre live which confused me to why TDWP wanted his help recording. I attribute the one tone screaming to the reason why DT did not interest me much.
12:39 PM on 02/20/13
the_mango
User Info.
I hope so. I like ADTR but Jeremy is infamous for being mediocre live which confused me to why TDWP wanted his help recording. I attribute the one tone screaming to the reason why DT did not interest me much.
I enjoyed Dead Throne, but I share the same opinion about their choice of Jeremy as a producer. Nonetheless, I'm excited to hear what their new material will sound like. The trajectory of their career has them on pace to release an absolutely killer album.
06:47 PM on 02/20/13
Apathium
User Info.
TDWP never disappoints.
08:05 PM on 02/20/13
Twobucktin
User Info.
08:53 PM on 02/20/13
Dizzy23
User Info.
Yeah they have already stated that they are writing keyboard parts. So no loss other than his creativity and writing skills.

Edit: That live track is sick.
09:24 AM on 02/21/13
ConorAmLegend
User Info.
I want James Baney back
I loved the keys in WRAABB, I feel like it gave a third dimension to that record and set them apart from a few other bands. But I think that the very limited electronic use in the Zombie EP and Dead Throne is what put them at the forefront of the metalcore (or whatever you call it) genre. Bands like TDWP and Miss May I who dropped the electro act and went for a more mature sound have found more success, at least from what I've seen.
02:15 PM on 02/21/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
I loved the keys in WRAABB, I feel like it gave a third dimension to that record and set them apart from a few other bands. But I think that the very limited electronic use in the Zombie EP and Dead Throne is what put them at the forefront of the metalcore (or whatever you call it) genre. Bands like TDWP and Miss May I who dropped the electro act and went for a more mature sound have found more success, at least from what I've seen.
Baney was still in TDWP when they made Zombie and Dead Throne. If anything, I just want a clear answer on why he had to leave. Say he was fired, say the band wanted him out. Don't tell me left to spend more time w/ his wife.

Side Note, MMI had synth/electro elements? When?
09:29 AM on 02/22/13
ConorAmLegend
User Info.
Baney was still in TDWP when they made Zombie and Dead Throne. If anything, I just want a clear answer on why he had to leave. Say he was fired, say the band wanted him out. Don't tell me left to spend more time w/ his wife.

Side Note, MMI had synth/electro elements? When?
He was still in the band for sure, but look at how limited the electronics are on Zombie and Dead Throne. WRAABB had a heavy reliance upon the electronic elements (synthesizers, vocal filters, etc). I think they left on bad terms, similar to the way the keyboardist for Four Year Strong left.
Miss May I had some electronic elements, they were produced by Joey Sturgis for Monument. They had a different producer this time around and I think it made the music a little better, in my opinion.
10:39 PM on 02/22/13
kbomb001
Jesus Saves
User Info.
He was still in the band for sure, but look at how limited the electronics are on Zombie and Dead Throne. WRAABB had a heavy reliance upon the electronic elements (synthesizers, vocal filters, etc). I think they left on bad terms, similar to the way the keyboardist for Four Year Strong left.
Miss May I had some electronic elements, they were produced by Joey Sturgis for Monument. They had a different producer this time around and I think it made the music a little better, in my opinion.
aight

thanks for your two cents, I appreciate it
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News