Username
Password
Lydia News - Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 71.
01:09 PM on 02/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
That's partially because we know how good TDAG is, and that album cover has been associated with the music for so long. Other than that, yeah you can. It's people standing wearing masks. I don't understand how someone can despise lydias album cover but love brand news without letting bias affect that.
Brand New's is a lot better, lol.
01:10 PM on 02/19/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
Brand New's is a lot better, lol.

I didn't say it wasn't
01:15 PM on 02/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
I didn't say it wasn't
So how can you not understand why some people would hate Lydia's but love Brand New's? One's good, one's not. I don't think Lydia's is as bad as some people seem to be making out but I can definitely see why some would hate it.
01:18 PM on 02/19/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
So how can you not understand why some people would hate Lydia's but love Brand New's? One's good, one's not. I don't think Lydia's is as bad as some people seem to be making out but I can definitely see why some would hate it.

Unless I'm missing something, aren't they both just people standing wearing masks? I mean, I get that Brand News is a bit deeper... but again, we've also heard the album and that has a lot to do with how we eventually feel about the album art.

Other than that.. they're both simple and similar. I like them both.
01:18 PM on 02/19/13
ibelieveinjake
i have a headache
User Info.
Title track sounds like a jam.
01:19 PM on 02/19/13
SpyKi
This Charming Man
User Info.
Unless I'm missing something, aren't they both just people standing wearing masks? I mean, I get that Brand News is a bit deeper... but again, we've also heard the album and that has a lot to do with how we eventually feel about the album art.

Other than that.. they're both simple and similar. I like them both.
I don't think they're similar. That's like saying any picture of two houses is pretty much the same. It's discounting everything else about it.
01:23 PM on 02/19/13
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
I don't think they're similar. That's like saying any picture of two houses is pretty much the same. It's discounting everything else about it.

Ok but if both houses are wearing masks and you compare them to alllllllllllllll the other houses that don't wear masks you can easily see the similarities.

I was just curious what people thought when comparing the two. Obviously i'm the odd man out.
01:36 PM on 02/19/13
Degausser156
User Info.
As feared, it seems this will be every bit as mellow as Paint it Golden. Why does every current Lydia song have the feel as though he just fell in love the night before and had to run home and write a song about it? TOOO UPBEAT!!!

Illuminate had a great mix of mellow and faster jams that it seems will never be part of their sounds again.
01:48 PM on 02/19/13
syntax omitted
User Info.
I'm curious if people who hate this artwork also hated the devil and god artwork.
Don't know how the two are similar at all besides the masks. This album cover is fucking horrendous. It's a bland white wall with two girls looking awkward in masks. The font is also ugly. It looks like they spent a total of fifteen minutes on it. TDAG's artwork actually looks like it has meaning to it.
01:55 PM on 02/19/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
I don't see what's so bad about the artwork lol. I mean, it's nothing special, but nothing to get worked up over.
01:56 PM on 02/19/13
jordalsh
twitter.com/Jordalsh
User Info.
Don't know how the two are similar at all besides the masks. This album cover is fucking horrendous. It's a bland white wall with two girls looking awkward in masks. The font is also ugly. It looks like they spent a total of fifteen minutes on it. TDAG's artwork actually looks like it has meaning to it.
Technically, you could argue that Lydia spent more time on theirs since it looks like they had the art made, TDAG was taken from a collection. Not that it matters, since TDAG's art is really, really good.
02:36 PM on 02/19/13
dash64
This Is My Design
User Info.
These clips sound great. I liked Paint It Golden but so far Devil sounds like it's going to be better.
02:38 PM on 02/19/13
js977
js977
User Info.
one reason Devil's art caught me so off guard was because it was a photo, as opposed to all the others...and this was emphasized by it being an awful, really awkward photo. brand new, on the other hand, already had pretty drastically different artwork across albums, which was only continued with TDAG...the fact it was a cooler, mysterious/deeper image made it even better
02:41 PM on 02/19/13
darksun0111
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This sounds like it could be as good as Illuminate.
02:43 PM on 02/19/13
thecreator
Don't you mind, don't you mind
User Info.
This sounds surprisingly promising but only time will tell.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums