AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

10:14 AM on 02/19/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
In a world of hardcore and metalcore bands, it seems increasingly hard to find a clean vocalist. I play in a Hardcore band/ funk/band so dont get me wrong i love the genres but trying to find a proper singing voice to compliment the harsher vocals is impossible. The ideal vocalist for us (and by "us" i mean my band Good Morning Tides) would be an Anthony Green/ Kurt Travis type singer. If you would all tell me what you think could benifit my bands music,or just want to put your own music up pleas do so. And if you know of a good clean vocalist please please please pass his vocals on over

My band: Good Morning Tides
http://gmorningtides.bandcamp.com/al...and-some-demos

Also if you're here to critique I welcome it but try to be productive with it, if you dont like the music let us know what we could do better
05:47 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
the problem with your search is two things:
1. you guys already have an exact type of voice in mind that eliminates a lot of people who don't have that same type.
2. you are looking for a style of vocals that a lot of other bands have, which takes away from what could set you guys apart.

You really should just find someone who is an excellent singer who has an enjoyable voice, but also can carry that voice both in the studio and more importantly in a live show.

Thanks, the only thing that makes that difficult is our music scene is nothing but pop punk and metal here in good ol maryland
05:54 AM on 02/20/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
someone who screams = screamer
someone who raps = rapper
someone who sings = singer

pretty elementary

I'm not saying people shouldn't use the term, that's up to them, It just irks me since there's already a pretty well established word for it.

someone who sings = singer? would you hire a jazz vocalist for a punk band? would you hire a pop punk singer for an country band? Point being saying "singer" doesn't narrow it down anymore than "clean vocalist" we're looking for a specific style of singer, not just someone who can pick up a mic..
06:29 AM on 02/21/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
Didn't you also specify what genre you wanted to play? Wouldn't you have to do that regardless? Singer is a well accepted term that really needs no replacement, clean vocalist is a dumb term associated with an unoriginal scene.

As I said you can use whatever term you like, just pointing out there is a much better alternative and that I just don't like it.

Look im not trying to argue with you, but you saying singer is the exact same thing as me saying clean vocalist. I say it because its the accepted term when speaking on any "-core" music to easily distinguish between a normal singer and one with a slightly harsher tone. Also in the sense that he or she wouldn't feel the need to cuss every five seconds, we don't mind dropping some bombs but we'd like a "CLEAN" style more.

clean vocalist
Web definitions
(Clean vocals) Singing is the act of producing musical sounds with the voice, and augments regular speech by the use of both tonality...

singer [ˈsɪŋə]
n
1. (Music, other) a person who sings, esp one who earns a living by singing

im not saying you're wrong by any measure just saying that its an accepted term to use and does make sense.
01:51 PM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
This, he's too talented to be bandless!

if you dont mind my asking what are you talking about
06:25 PM on 02/23/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
No problem, we were talking about AP user "buhbee" who is a great singer who isn't in a band but has ambitious ideas/cool solo songs/covers.

anything posted I could listen too?
06:01 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
Thanks for believing in me Sean

anything i could hear? and did you listen to the song posted
09:18 AM on 02/24/13 
User Info.
kristopherson
Male - 22 Years Old
Yeah I did and yeah I have some stuff. I'll send you a message