Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 15 posts
10:26 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Saw them at Toad's Place last time they played together too. Cannot fucking wait.
10:27 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Perfect tour mates. I have to hit up that Boston date.

Confused... Toads Place isnt on this list but its on the list A3 posted on FB.

EDIT: dang that'd suck if Bayside isnt on the CT date. Hope Bayside just hasnt listed it yet.
10:36 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Another chance to see Bayside run through their standard greatest hits setlist at Best Buy Theater..

Already Gone
They're Not Horses, They're Unicorns
Duality
The Walking Wounded
Masterpiece
Montauk
Carry On
Sick, Sick, Sick
Blame It on Bad Luck
Devotion and Desire

Toss in a sloppy headliner with a catalog watered-down by Crimson, Agony, and Addicition (and likely Shame), and you have yourself a pretty weak tour, unfortunately. I wish I could express this with my wallet, but I'm a sucker and will probably see you in NYC.

Doubt they'll play many songs from Agony or Addiction and Crimson songs are great live. Time To Waste and Mercy Me are two of their most fun songs to see live.
10:44 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I can't see the post on Alkaline's Facebook...link?
Bayside are doing Skate And Surf on that date, so it would make more sense for CT to actually be on the 20th or 21st where there's a gap...i
But if the CT date isn't the 19th, then maybe Alkaline are doing Skate+Surf as well, confusing times.

Edit: couldnt get the link sorry

hopefully that link works lol. Trio is listed for May 19th so I'll be bummed if Bayside is skipping but hopefully that date stays there. The CT venue is only an hour away from me.
10:50 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
"Mercy Me" suffers so much from studio-only magic. I've seen them quite a few times since that album came out (festivals and indoors), and I've never seen them pull that one off, which is a shame because it's one of the best cuts from that record.

Well the first time I saw them play both those Crimson songs they sounded great. I hear the sloppiness complaints, but I've seen them 10 times and they've always been as tight as a punk trio can be so maybe I just luck out. I like Sadie snd Burn live too but those obviously suffer more in that setting. The crowd was amazing for Time To Waste last time I saw that played.
11:01 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Seriously, shut up. First off, Bayside is supporting. What do you expect ? And secondly, Have you ever seen Trio live ? They rarely play anything off of A & I, and I doubt stuff from this Addiction will be played. They will play some stuff obviously off of Shame. It wouldn't shock me if we heard a lot of Good Mourning songs. They mix it up a lot.

I saw alot of Good Mourning when they toured A&I, I think 7 songs actually. It was great. I wish they'd bust out more from Infirmary, never see much of that record.
11:27 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I figured they would play stuff off of This Addiction more than they do, but they rarely do, and it's usually just the title track. I'd like to see "Fine" live.

Fine was pretty cool when they toured for the album and they all switched instruments, Matt on drums, Derek on bass and Dan on guitar. That was fun to see.
11:32 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
If you consider "weak points" to be a lot of fans not very accepting or open of the changes or explorations the band made with their sound with those particular albums, sure. Personally, I'd love to hear more of A&I and that is actually my top 3 Alkaline Trio albums. I think it has more to do with the fact that they started off one way and coasted on a similar sound for so long they sort of pigeon holed themselves with the fan base. They're a group of easy going guys and they never really responded to the "drama" of the fan base rejecting any turn they took musically, but at the same time they never let that stop them from actually making the albums they wanted to make, not what they thought everyone else wanted to hear. I think as far as live shows go, they're catering because they want to have fun playing and they're not stupid and they know what the majority of their fans want to hear and experience live. I don't think they don't play those songs because they think those songs suck or are ashamed of them in any way.

saved me a long post, well said lol.
11:34 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
That is when I saw them play a lot of Good Mourning as well. It would be nice to hear Old School Reasons or Jaked On Green Beers.

Love Jaked On Green Beers. I finally crossed Continental and Fuck You Aurora off my list of songs to see live last time I saw them, that's next hopefully lol.
11:44 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
And for some reason I never get tired of seeing them play Emma lol.

Good Mourning is one of those albums that's better live. That's not even a commentary on Matt's voice on the recording, those songs just translate so awesomely live.
11:53 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Can someone tell me in a nutshell what A3's set list generally consists of? I have listened and loved this band since I was a kid and have sadly never attended a show, but this is one I will definitely try to be at.

A setlist from May 2009 show i went to:

My friend peter
if we never go inside
burn
fatally yours
donner party
I'm dying tomorrow
I found away
tuck me in
cooking wine
the poison
sadie
calling all skeletons
one hundred stories
the kkk tok my baby away
all in black
cringe
this could be love
radio

as you can see, they change it up quite a bit. I saw them 4 times in less than a year at one point and I saw 35 or 36 different songs. they're very good about mixing it up.
11:54 AM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm assuming they would both play Skate & Surf on the 19th.

Trio has the 19th listed in CT so it looks like Bayside is just skipping that show for S&S as it stands right now.
12:07 PM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Wow that's pretty cool. I know it's probably a pretty regular request for them but if I do see them live the two songs I'd want to hear, if any, would be Sadie and their TSOL cover, but I'm not sure I'd hear the latter.

yeah no idea how often they play that lol. I love their setlists, you have a relatively good chance of hearing a favorite song if you see em enough. Seems like they get through a pretty damn high percentage of their catalog.
01:02 PM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I'm hoping beyond hope that they'll play Continental & All On Black on this tour. Two of my all-time favorites of theirs. Actually, a Good Mourning-heavy set would be ideal haha.

Haha yeah that set i posted on the last page was a third Good Mourning I believe. That was awesome for sure. Took me forever to see Continental though, was so stoked when.I finally did lol.
04:47 PM on 02/19/13
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
Crimson is my favorite Alkaline Trio record and I enjoyed Agony and Irony. This Addiction is the band's weakest album by far but still has some good tunes. the new album is really good though, first one I've really enjoyed since Crimson

dang youve heard it already? I love Crimson so my hopes just got significantly higher.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos